Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 29, 2019

Other forums like WUS still have minimum post requirements. eBay will get you the most $ -- possibly enough to offset the selling fees.

Also consider posting on Instagram; seems like a lot of people are selling through there.

2. Rip76 Jan 29, 2019

Thank you for your help.

3. ATWG Jan 29, 2019

Anyone interested, there is NOS for sale on TRF for $7,500....I have no affiliation to the seller, must do your diligence.

frazierspa likes this.
  4. SpeedyTomorrow Jan 30, 2019

I had a crazy idea yesterday ... Today I put it into motion. I’m going to pick up 2 TinTin’s. And in 12 months flip the second for a ceramic Daytona. I’m that confident the demand will stay strong and value will go up and I figure a Rolex dealer or two would make that trade, thus avoiding the dreaded Rolex wait lists. It’s crazy... I know but I believe it will work out.

5. WatchWalker Jan 30, 2019

Do it!

rominvicta likes this.
  6. smitty190373 Jan 30, 2019

Are you buying the Tintins with the Bitcoin you bought 12 months ago?

7. kilofinal Jan 30, 2019

Do it!!! it's the next Apollo 13 silver snoopy To the moon!!

8. Skipper_S Jan 31, 2019

Why not buy 3 TinTin's then, keep them till the time that you can sell or exchange 2 of them with a price that you can fully cashback the amount you payed for the 2 Tintin and buy a Daytona with the premium on price adding zero money? If you sell 1 then you just lower the price of Daytona... ;)

rominvicta likes this.
  9. fergusm Feb 3, 2019

This is the weirdest thread on the whole forum. Full of people trying to jack up the price of this model. I actually have a Tintin that I wear now and again but why is everybody here so obsessed with the value of this watch??

hanky6 and padders like this.
  10. rmcard Feb 3, 2019

Thanks for your observations.

xantiagib likes this.
  11. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Feb 3, 2019

Amazing to have superpowers to cause a watch to go up in price. Shazzzzzam Tintin must sell for $15k. Can’t wait till tomorrow to see the price zoom up cause I said so. (Super Bowl commercial time)

Redbirdsfan70 and Inushuk like this.
  12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 3, 2019

There are plenty of people in this thread who are not obsessed with the value (myself included). The pop in price has been a nice surprise though, as I bought mine because I didn't want to wear the 'regular' Speedmaster too much (pass on to my son one day, yada yada). And after wearing the TinTin for the first year or so I stopped caring about that other Speedmaster; in fact, it has been doing nothing but collecting dust for 2+ years. My biggest concern is that the TinTin will eventually become to valuable for me to feel comfortable wearing it all the time.

I do find myself chuckling when I hear about people paying close to $10k USD for one. Or even $7k for a used one. It's nothing more that a regular Speedmaster with a 'special' dial, and I do not think a dial is worth $5k+. Then again the Italian Albino isn't much different either, yet they are nearly unobtainable. Go figure.

13. Folgono Feb 3, 2019

Pretty funny this craze with the tintin, 2 years ago I saw people struggling to sell their less than 4K usd. Is this one only sought after in the USA or does it follow the trend of all the others LE speedy more broadly ?

14. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Feb 3, 2019

D3E9C75B-9EBA-4E43-AB0F-4022A5BC6C0B.jpeg I bought mine and then the Tintin exploded in popularity. Doubt there is a connection.

CTS-V, DWash and destroid like this.
  15. Sunsetamps Feb 4, 2019

I honestly do not understand why there are so many surprised with the crazy prices surrounding the TinTin. This thread alone is over 111 pages. Robert Jan Broer confirmed the number was under 2000 on the TinTin. Numerous other discussions from people who spoke with executives at Omega have chimed in. It’s probably the rarest Omega in decades. And more significant it was a mistake. How many mistake Omegas exist? The story is very intriguing. This watch is very hard to find any longer in a complete set and NOS is even harder. It’s the kind of watch you want zero scratches and all the papers and you want to put it in the safe to keep pristine. The TinTin has the formula that all pricey watches like the Newman Daytona had. It’s not hard to see that modern watches are very difficult to get into this category of rare/intrigue/error. It’s an anomaly and many of us see no end in sight on the price because this watch is an obvious collectors piece.

ajshiner69, xantiagib and Skipper_S like this.
  16. Folgono Feb 4, 2019

Well people are surprised because when it was released no one wanted it and some AD's had some in display for months...

17. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 4, 2019

They made approaching 2000. It probably isn't.

solesman likes this.
  18. Sunsetamps Feb 4, 2019

I think this thread bears out that it’s likely closer to 1500 range. That’s quite rare and there’s not going to be other variations like the Snoopy has as well as the multiple ST’s and CK’s.

19. rominvicta Feb 4, 2019

You shouldn’t have said that. Now Omega will make you feel sorry for such a blasphemy and will release another 20 000 pcs. :D

Pun likes this.
  20. rominvicta Feb 4, 2019

May we start a thread as How much did you buy your Tin Tin for and how long did it take to be delievered?