Forums Latest Members

Speedy reduced with 1140 movement instead of 3220.

1. JetLinks Sep 22, 2020

Now I'm in the right forum..... I was hoping to get some info on the differences between the 1140 movement & the 3220 so I know how to approach the "reputable" (??) online vendor that sold me what was listed as the Speedmaster Reduced Marui from the 2000's but when I look through the Chrono Maddox tables it's actually more likely to be late 1980's.

I picked this watch for the much nicer caliber 3220 movement (as I read somewhere to stay away from the 1140) as well as the smaller 39mm Speedy due to it being a future gift for my daughter.

What differences are there between the 1140 & 3220 in terms of quality, long term accuracy/reliability, serviceability and value because I'm ready to go after the seller for making false claims on what they sold me!

In case anyone can check the manufacture date, it's serial number 53213041.

Thanks guys! :)

IMG_20200805_231808.jpg IMG_20200921_205419.jpg

2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Sep 22, 2020

Well, what @MRC said on your other post still stands to be true for this one.

I am guessing you got this from Crown & Caliber based on the security sticker? From looking at their stuff in the past, they don't give an exact date/year of production rather an estimated range: xxxx - xxxx. If the listing explicitly stated it had a 3220 in it and it doesn't, that should give you a grounds for a return, however, they are have restrictions on removing that sticker as well as opening the caseback. With the sticker removal, they will still accept a return but with a 10% "inspection fee." I believe opening a caseback voids their return policy though as they only approve of their watchmakers to perform this. With that, I am not sure how a return would play out... if that is even how you wanted to proceed.

Edited Sep 22, 2020
  3. MtnMarine Sep 24, 2020

I had a reduced speedy 3510 with the 1140 movement in it last year. I ended up trading it for my full size Moonwatch because the subdial hands would not reset correctly. I sent it to Omega 3x to fix and finally it was fixed. When I decided to trade I wore it for a couple days just to make sure everything was working correctly and the Chrono second sweep hand would not reset..... I informed my buyer and he still bought (with a slight discount of course). He was able to fix it, but still put a bad taste in my mouth.

I truly hope this does not happen with yours, but I will personally never own an 1140 again. Good luck!