Forums Latest Members

Speedy Master 9900 Pic and Problem

1. detroitMD Aug 15, 2020

Hi all!

So, this doesn't really bother me much. I just purchased my speedy racing, and I noticed the Chronograph second hand doesn't line up. The watch itself runs freaking awesome, plus 1s a day maybe. I ran the Chrono several times already and it appears the second hand always resets to the same spot, so it doesn't appear to be creeping on a loose post or anything.

Has anyone had the same issue lately with thier 9900 series movement? What do you think?

20200815_121552.jpg
  2. CJpickup57 Aug 15, 2020

That would drive me nuts.

Was this an in-store purchase or over the internet?

OmegaP99 likes this.
  3. detroitMD Aug 15, 2020

Over the phone through MP Demetre in SC.

4. CJpickup57 Aug 15, 2020

I, personally, would ask for a replacement or sent in for correction.

But, you said it doesn’t bother you much. If it really doesn’t and you know it won’t down the road then leave it and enjoy it! It’s a nice looking piece!

5. whyboddau Aug 15, 2020

Use your warranty and have it done right.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. detroitMD Aug 15, 2020

If they're willing to replace it, I'll send it back, but otherwise I don't want anyone to open her up. Too many variables if they end up messing something else up. I contacted my guy over there and he's gonna see what they say when he gets back next week.

Otherwise, the watch itself is incredible. I had a chance to buy a GSOTM a while back, but didn't like the thickness. If I was going to spend that kind of money, I wanted something I wouldn't have to take off just to wear a dress shirt, or have difficulty layering up while skiiing, etc. I think if I'm correct, Omega updated the racing series in 2017, I never payed attention before, just assumed they would sit like a hockey puck on the wrist like the PO Chronograph...Boy was I wrong. They did something with the case back so it almost countersinks into the wrist, giving it a really slim lateral profile. The bracelet seems wider too (comparing to the speedy pro) and just as comfortable. For me, the whole package just syncs to my expectations and wrist. I'll post a review later to be sure.

The only niggle is that dang second hand.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 15, 2020

Yeah that’s out of spec for sure...not acceptable.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  8. detroitMD Aug 15, 2020

It is isn't it? Ugh.
    Well I'll see it they'll replace it, I mean they should right? I had a Rolex years ago that had tiny almost imperceptible imperfection in the lume of the minute hand. I purchased it new through Ben Bridge and only noticed it after a couple weeks. They replaced the watch, no questions asked.

934A30C0-2FFF-4636-827D-486DD20BB5B5.JPG
  9. El Padre Aug 16, 2020

Send it back on warranty. It is above tolerance for sure

10. detroitMD Aug 16, 2020

Got word, the AD is gonna replace it.

11. El Padre Aug 16, 2020

Cool :thumbsup:

12. OmegaP99 Aug 16, 2020

Great result!
    Also, if you were to ever sell this on, that misalignment would cut out a portion of prospective buyers straight away. I know I;d see it as an added repair bill.

13. AdmiralYamazaki Aug 17, 2020

i had a similar issue before, however it occurred after service. so they had to sent it back, they fixed it, but the watch was gone for 3 months...

14. detroitMD Aug 17, 2020

I'm hoping it's a quick turnaround. I love everything about the 9900 movement and the whole racing package just fits together perfectly. Now don't get me wrong, I also owned a speedy pro moon watch, BUT the new racing series feels better in almost everyway possible.

15. AdmiralYamazaki Aug 17, 2020

to be fair i was based in China at that time, which may have been the reason for the long turnaround, hope yours is faster!