Travelller likes this.
  2. Wprodge Aug 17, 2019

Very cool review thanks

Travelller likes this.
  3. Travelller Sep 10, 2019

Yesss! It's (a) #SpeedyTuesday ::psy::

[​IMG]

4. bimmernerd Sep 10, 2019

Stunning! Thank you for the write-up, extremely knowledgable!

Travelller likes this.
  5. ext1 Sep 10, 2019

This was the thread that made me do this, and also jump on the ST1 really. Thanks @Travelller for the superb pics as always!
    69713254_2429731557105618_7134267010271150080_n.jpg

6. speedydownunder Sep 10, 2019

Just found this thread. Nicely done Traveller :thumbsup:

7. Travelller Sep 12, 2019

Great shot of your :cool: ST1 combo & thx for the awfully nice compliment :)

ext1 likes this.
  8. Investr Oct 31, 2019

What incredible pics and amazing write up!!

Travelller likes this.
  9. Tigeranteater Oct 31, 2019

I come back to this thread every now and then because gah watch is awesome!

Travelller likes this.
  10. Travelller Nov 1, 2019

^Thanks, gents :)

To the member that PM'ed - I thought the answers to your great questions would benefit all, so...

The 1171/633 can be ordered at any AD or authorized service partner. It may be that your AD doesn't want to risk installing the bracelet due to the fact that it's not an official option (or match) but I'm sure if you let them know you're aware of the potential consequences (read below), they will order it. Personally, I would order it anywhere I could and have my favorite watchmaker do the honors... :thumbsup:

As for the 633 end-links; they're a RPITA to install ::censored:: So unless you're a real hands-on type, I would highly recommend to let a trusted watchmaker do it for you. There is some filling of the end-links involved and I would suggest some experience necessary to install them with minimal damage to the caseback.

Speaking of which... For those of you who like swapping out your bracelet / straps on a regular basis, be prepared to see some scratch / scuff-marks on the rear-side of the lugs. I'm not a vintage-bracelet expert but as far as I can tell :unsure: ...the end-links need to be forced onto the caseback, hence, the higher risk of leaving marks...

Last but not least, be prepared to accept a less-than-perfect fit. The 633 end-links were not designed specifically for modern SMP cases and the inner-curve of the end-link is not a one2one match with the case. Theory :unsure: has it that Omega assumes the vintage cases that will make use of the 633s will have been worn out somewhat and hence they've allocated slightly more metal to the links...

:thumbsup:

p.s. regardless of all the above, the combo is imho still the best given the vintage-feel, all-brushed, "NOS" production bracelet. The micro-gaps between the links & case are not noticeable in real-world use (as proven on a typical wristshot below) and as I don't intend to swap the bracelet out on a regular basis, the scratches on the rear-side of the lugs are also not a real issue. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

whitewolf777, Ian_km and Go Spurs Go like this.
  11. CJpickup57 Nov 1, 2019

I got the same PM. Effectively answered the same.

Thank you for posting the response here :thumbsup:. Makes it easier for those looking to do this to find it. I had to bounce around to a few different threads when I did mine.

Travelller likes this.
  12. DeepBlue Nov 1, 2019

Awesome review and presentation!

Travelller likes this.
  13. Travelller Nov 12, 2019

My pleasure - I figured it might help others :thumbsup:
    Many thanks :)

Why yes, it's HalfWatchSpeedyTuesday!
    [​IMG]

Go Spurs Go likes this.
  14. dc_boffin Nov 13, 2019

Amazing photos and a great write-up. I own the watch, but find myself going back to look at it after reading your write-up

Travelller likes this.
  15. Wooden_spoon Nov 24, 2019

Just found this write up. Super helpful info about the bracelets. ST1 is just such an incredible watch.

Travelller likes this.
  16. Passionwatch Dec 29, 2019

Molto bene and i love this speedmaster

Travelller likes this.
  17. Travelller Jan 8, 2020

Thank you all and a belated HNY to the OF members :)

A few from the holidays as well as the 1st SpeedyTuesday of 2020 (and talk about the GREAT news of the "321 Ed White", woohoo!!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Redbirdsfan70 Jan 8, 2020

Awesome pics and thread, @Travelller ! I'm not as jazzed with this new SS 321 though. I wish it had the professional case and wasn't so expensive. Cheers! Happy New Year!

Travelller likes this.
  19. Strangedream Jan 9, 2020

Only one word came to mind when I read your article and gazed at the pictures: "mesmerizing". Literally mesmerizing.

Travelller likes this.
  20. Passionwatch Jan 9, 2020

Bello

Travelller likes this.