Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Quick Adjust Clasp Options in 2022

1. Pompous92 Apr 3, 2022

Hey all,

I know there's been discussion posted/videos on the subject of ordering a quick adjust/toolless adjustment clasp from the Chronoscope. While browsing these threads and finding more information, I saw mention in a few spots that the new revised Speedmaster 57 appears to also have a quick adjust clasp.

Are they the same part/interchangeable? If not - are there differences in functionality/amounts of quick adjustments, or is it merely a difference of finish? Wondering which route is best to go with on my 3861 Speedmaster - the quick adjust is the one change I'd like to make that I think will increase my enjoyment of this watch to help make the fit that little bit more perfect.

2. OmegaBHR Apr 3, 2022

It depends which bracelet you have. If your sticking to the bracelet that comes on the 3861 (aka Nixon bracelet) then you will have to use the Chronoscope comfort clasp. If you will use the bracelet from the Apollo 50th Ann, then it seems that the clasp from the new speedy 57 with the comfort release will fit, but nobody has tried it yet to see if it will work since the 57 just got released.

Pompous92 likes this.