Speedmaster Professional Black Speck After Servicing

Posts
1
Likes
0
Hi All!

I just got the watch serviced at Omega, where the glass and dial were replaced.

I noticed this black speck underneath the glass right below "Swiss made" and above the "120".

Brought it back to the service center who said it was normal, but I'm not entirely convinced.

I appreciate any feedback on this!

Thanks
 
Posts
581
Likes
1,831
I'm not certain, but is it possible that this is the gap in the tension ring, distorted by the crystal?
 
Posts
694
Likes
839
There will be a time when a serviced watch will carry the same stigma as a polished one. Inaccurate time keeping will then be seen as a good thing and a dead watch in pristine condition considered the holy grail.
Edited:
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Properly installed the tension ring split would be somewhere between 5 and 7 o'clock on the dial.
 
Posts
24,803
Likes
55,105
Interesting what causes some people to join OF.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Interesting what causes some people to join OF.

...and then disappear...
 
Posts
285
Likes
221
Maybe some more pictures from different angles will solve the mystery?