Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster moonwatch rattle / noise

1. artek Mar 1, 2020

I was wondering if any speedy owners here have had this issue. My older speedy sapphire sandwich has developed this faint “rattle” or noise coming from the inside. It’s almost as if there was a loose screw or something inside.

I found a prior thread here on this issue but there was no definite answer then.

Thank you.

Edited May 31, 2020
  2. airansun In the shuffling madness Mar 1, 2020

I think: don’t wind it anymore and don’t wear it until you have it looked at by a watchmaker. Hopefully, the seller gave you a guarantee when you bought it.

3. Starkmarvelo Mar 24, 2020

Somebody asked this question in the Facebook group. I have a sapphire sandwich and I recently noticed it has a faint rattle when I shake it front to back but not side to side. Omega basically said I’m SOL for the time being until they open up again.

4. Canuck Mar 24, 2020

Likely endshake in the balance staff. Reduce the endshake to 0 and the watch won’t run. Your hearing won’t be so acute in a few years time, so the problem won’t exist. Check to bracelet ends to see if the rattle is coming from there.

5. akshaydashrath Mar 27, 2020

6. Enginerd Apr 5, 2020

I have been chasing this issue with omega for some time now with no avail. I have sent it in twice to them for warranty repair to sort this issue out but every time it has come back the same with a rattle. They are giving me no explanation to why the dust cover inside is so loose( the reason for the rattle). I am at my wit's end with this now as I do not want to have to send it back a further time. Thinking of selling the watch to be honest because of this.

7. Canuck Apr 5, 2020

Solve the problem with one of these. You call it a dust cover, but it is an anti-magnetic shield. Have it removed, but keep it handy in case you need it in the future.

1E83BCA5-24B5-468B-90FB-4EA1D770D431.jpeg

Syzygy likes this.
  8. Enginerd Apr 5, 2020

Yes that is certainly an option thanks. Where would I go about buying one off these and is there anything else you need in addition?