Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Moonwatch Leather Strap Question

1. Walrus Sep 14, 2019

It would that’s why I couldn’t do it.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. avidmark Jan 8, 2021

Sorry to revive an older thread. The fact that the OEM alligator strap is not real alligator surprises me. Is this true?
    I'm looking to get the alligator and deployant for my Speedy Pro but will look elsewhere if it's just embossed leather.

3. GoBlueJedi Jan 8, 2021

I think a lot of alligator straps anymore are calf or something else that is stamped with the scale pattern. Alligator and some other exotic leathers can be more difficult to import, and there are restrictions due to concerns about sustainability.

4. avidmark Jan 8, 2021

Wow, that's a real bummer. I can't justify $300 for an embossed (imitation) "alligator" strap.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 8, 2021

The strap for that watch is alligator on top, and calf on the underside. Not sure why it's being described as just stamped...perhaps user @queriver could let us know why he stated that.

Here's an alligator strap I ordered in and received just before Xmas. You can see the specific species listed on the documentation...

[​IMG]

The specification for the material on this strap is the same as the one for the Speedmaster. Omega wouldn't tell you it's alligator, and not give you genuine alligator...

avidmark likes this.
  6. avidmark Jan 8, 2021

Thank you for clarification

7. GoBlueJedi Jan 8, 2021

Didn't mean to imply that the Omega strap, specifically, is stamped. Just that it's not uncommon.