Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster moon watch "Apollo 8 " Dark side of the moon

1. Letoauto Aug 27, 2019

Does anyone know how many, and when they are going to stop making the Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon Apollo 8? When I bought it I was told they're not making anymore and yet they're popping up on the Omega website

20190519_164811~2.jpg
    Dogmann likes this.
  2. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Aug 27, 2019

Apollo 8

3. Letoauto Aug 27, 2019

Yes 8 I'm sorry

4. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Aug 27, 2019

All I heard was that they are likely to be produced in relatively small amounts over time but there is no cap. They seem to be increasingly popular, so I expect them to be made for a while yet, but who knows. I saw one recently in an OB window and it’s far better looking than I thought from the pictures.

5. Letoauto Aug 27, 2019

I Love it! In the laser ablation of the Moon is stunning on the face yet it still keeps the speedy outside Checkered Flag (as I call it) I'm just thinking because it's the 50th anniversary in 2019 they really won't be producing it much longer will they??

6. stevec14 Aug 28, 2019

No one really knows. There are quite a few popping up in places. It seems quite a popular piece and I assume omega will feed the demand accordingly. There were rumours of 2000 per year but I’d have no idea if that is right.

All I know is that I enjoy the watch, it looks great and it’s different to anything else I own.

Dogmann and Letoauto like this.
  7. Letoauto Aug 28, 2019

I also heard the same, but being a anniversary how many years will they make it? I was hoping for it to be rare, only so you dont see everyone wearing it.

8. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Aug 28, 2019

I wouldn't worry about that. I live in NYC and I rarely see anyone wearing any Omega...and believe me, when I'm people watching on the streets here I'm usually looking at their wrists first...well, unless it's a woman, then it's their wrists second, or maybe third...

Letoauto likes this.
  9. Letoauto Aug 28, 2019

That's so funny I'm the same way, wrist first!! Hahaha.. I guess what I'm hoping for is for it to be rare so it holds it value (like the snoopy)

10. stevec14 Aug 28, 2019

I don’t think so mate. This is one you buy because you love I reckon? Not dissing it, I have one but it’s a niche piece being ceramic, skeletonise and 44mm so will always have a smaller fan base.

Don’t sweat it - it’s a cracking watch. And yes, a watch is always one of the lesser things I see when looking at the scenery....

11. squarelug Aug 28, 2019

Yeah beautiful watch, I wouldn't worry about rarity too much. If it was really rare you wouldn't want to wear it!