Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster "Meteorite" Moonwatch

1. Pboned Aug 3, 2020

I'm new to luxury watches and I've been looking at Omega watches. I came across this one and wanted to get your opinions on it.

Is it worth the price? Is it a rarer watch to have? Maybe not worth it?

Speedmaster MOONWATCH OMEGA CO‑AXIAL CHRONOGRAPH 44.25

Meteorite

$15,600.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See watch on wrist

david5807 likes this.
  2. OmegaRody Aug 3, 2020

I think the concept is unique and rare to have. As for the price it goes accordingly the meteorite material in the dial I guess.

Pboned likes this.
  3. machamp6650 Aug 3, 2020

I do really like these GSOTM meteorite watches, which are positioned as top of the line and therefore tend to be low quantity. Having said that, I'd take the Apollo Soyuz anyday!

[​IMG]

hanky6, Taddyangle, Pazzo and 9 others like this.
  4. Omega-Q Aug 3, 2020

I think it is a beautiful watch. It's certainly not a LE watch, but it is striking! I almost bought that exact watch, but I went the Seamaster direction instead. If you like...get it! :)

Pboned likes this.
  5. jcmartinez98 Aug 3, 2020

If I were ever to go for a moonwatch LE it would be Soyuz or Gemini.
    No question

the Sedna, not so much

in terms of 9300, original dsotm for me:

01E57BD1-5ECE-4FE5-A726-CD7528487016.jpeg

Pboned likes this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 3, 2020

Yes ... it’s too much premium IMO.

Pboned likes this.
  7. EricCsN Aug 3, 2020

you forgotten about a tiny detail - the caseback.
    Here let me complete it for you with a picture of it (from the web) to add to yours. With regards to the OP original question, i feel it is too much of a premium too. I had one offer at US$8200 from a used watch shop (without the warranty card) about 6 months ago but did not take it on.
    [​IMG]

Edited Aug 3, 2020
  8. gippo Aug 4, 2020

;)
    [​IMG]

9. Bugbait Aug 4, 2020

Worth it? Only you can say, depending on affordability and how much you like it really. Rarer? Yes, likely due to price.

I was quite taken by it when it was first released and if I had a chance to buy it a good price I would consider it very seriously. But I'm not you so... :)

Pboned likes this.
  10. Stripey Aug 4, 2020

I tried one of these on when I was pestering the boutiques in London about my Apollo 8, and loved it. If you like it, you should buy it.

Pboned likes this.
  11. Pboned Aug 4, 2020

I appreciate all of the feedback. It's definitely a unique watch. I'm still looking at other Omega Speedmaster watches.

I've seen multiple watches for sale on this forum. What are your opinions buying from sellers here?

Edited Aug 4, 2020
  12. Omega-Q Aug 4, 2020

This is a loaded question, but you can see feedback from the sellers on here. Additionally, you should just reach out to them an establish a relationship. I haven't purchased anything from here (yet), but if/when I do, I am certainly going to reach out to the sellers!

Pboned likes this.
  13. Pboned Aug 4, 2020

I appreciate the advise, 'll do that. I've been trying to educate myself as much as I can on sellers, watches, etc.

14. phooi Aug 4, 2020

I really like the watch. It definitely looks better in the metal than in pictures — more subtle. It is a big watch so you have to be ok with that.

Also, it is out of production so there will be a very few BNIB. The good news is that the watch can be found on the secondary market and at a more reasonable price. Given that the case is ceramic, most preowned versions look almost brand new.

Good luck!

Pboned likes this.
  15. Pboned Aug 4, 2020

You are correct, it is a big watch. I previously was hooked on the Aqua Terra. I did research, looked at dozens of pictures and finally went to the authorized dealer. Started to try them on and realized I didn't like the way it looked on my wrist. It just looked too small 41mm.

So I'm on a new hunt now lol. Ideally, I would like to find one on the second market. My biggest concern is being authentic.