Forums Latest Members

SOLD Speedmaster ADB 80s Case and Caseback

1. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Nov 12, 2022

Thanks to a fellow forum member, I have recently completed a Speedmaster project, leaving some spare parts I will not be using any time soon. So, these parts are ready to go off to help others complete their projects (too). Here we go...

Please find a description and assessment of the parts below. I have attempted to be as brutally honest as can be. Also note that I am certainly not the first owner of these parts, as they are nearly the same age as I am. I am not going to claim any of them is really NOS, or unpolished, I am just going to describe them as honestly as can be and leave it for you to assess the pictures and form your own opinion too. Not having too much experience selling parts, nor pricing them, I am open to realistic offers.

Case / Midcase: Nice fat case, coming from an '84 Speedmaster (44-serial) I've bought earlier this year. It is one of the less common ADB-cases as opposed to the more common CRS ones. The watch it came with had recently been serviced and pushers and plexi had been replaced with genuine Omega parts. So far for the good news. Unfortunately, it has also been polished and pretty seriously so on the lower lugs, particularly the lower right one, which is visibly thinner than it should be. Could certainly make for a perfect case of a beater watch, but isn't collector grade! Still, someone less pedantic than myself will certainly get a lot of enjoyment out of it. :D

The caseband comes with:
    - Omega signed Plexi (very good condition)
    - Two recently replaced original Omega pushers

Price: I am asking a mere EUR 450 (now OHPF) for this midcase as I know it is imperfect.

Note that the caseback and bezel will be sold separately. Please do read on if you're interested...

Caseback: Came with a replacement case which was in near NOS state and came carrying the protective blue coating, which is still on the caseback. It has some minor storage marks, but is practically flawless.
    Type: ADB, ST 145.022. Would fit the Midcase perfectly.

Price: EUR 320 (OBRO)

Bezel: Very good condition B2 Bezel (DNN) as delivered on Speedmasters from the early 70s to very early 90s. Many of these are seriously damaged, this one is clean except for some very minor spots between the 65 and 60-marks.
    As I am not too keen on letting the bezel go, I prefer only to sell it with the Case and Caseback.

Price: If you are really convincing, I will let go of it for EUR 580 (now SOLD)

Shipped worldwide at buyers expense, although I would strongly prefer a F2F deal in the Netherlands given the values concerned and, much more importantly, the benefit of meeting a fellow OF-member in person.

No returns, please ask questions and extra pictures in advance. I am not making a habit out of selling, but I do have quite some - exclusively positive - references as a seller and buyer on this forum.

References and Linkedin profile available upon request.

Price: the full package described above is available for EUR 1250 (instead of EUR 1350), or OBRO. All prices mentioned are net to me, and exclude shipping.

On to the pictures…
    IMG_0947.jpg IMG_0948.jpg IMG_0949.jpg IMG_0950.jpg IMG_0951.jpg IMG_0952.jpg IMG_0953.jpg IMG_0954.jpg IMG_0955.jpg

Caseback:
    IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg

Bezel:
    IMG_0982.jpg IMG_0983.jpg IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0986.jpg

Edited Nov 13, 2022
    perenowell, MtV and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Nov 12, 2022

I don’t need this temptation, I don’t need this temptation, I don’t need this temptation

Sa Calobra, Aludic and MtV like this.
  3. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Nov 13, 2022

A new member was quite convincing; the bezel is now sold. Soon thereafter, the midcase reached OHPF status.
    Case back remains available.

Edited Nov 13, 2022
    perenowell likes this.