Speedmaster 3861 concentric circles

Hi all!
Do you know if Omega changed the Speedmaster 3861 dials removing the concentric circles from the 3 subdials?
I bought a new Speedmaster 3861, sapphire version, last month and it hasn’t the circles for sure.
Thank you very much!

They are there, however, just not very pronounced like the vintage references or new 321. Here is my hesalite 3861 and you can just make out the concentric circles. I imagine the thicker sapphire may make it harder to see with the naked eye, but they are there. The quality light and direction of light to the viewing angle will help them show more.

Here is mine and may be easier to see if you open in a new window and zoom in.

I don’t see them also with the iPhone 14 zoom or a magnifying glass.
I read that other owners also noticed the same thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OmegaWatches/comments/12ozp4j/did_omega_change_the_moonwatch_dial/

They are there, however, just not very pronounced like the vintage references or new 321. Here is my hesalite 3861 and you can just make out the concentric circles. I imagine the thicker sapphire may make it harder to see with the naked eye, but they are there.

Here is mine and may be easier to see if you open in a new window and zoom in.

Quite noticeable on mine, hesalite 3861, bought May last year

I can’t see mine with the naked eye on my Hesalite version. Under a loupe they are there but not very pronounced.

Hi all!
Do you know if Omega changed the Speedmaster 3861 dials removing the concentric circles from the 3 subdials?
I bought a new Speedmaster 3861, sapphire version, last month and it hasn’t the circles for sure.
Thank you very much!
It does.

This thread made me get off my bed and check my watch. I assumed the concentric circles were very noticeable (never really paid attention to it though). Surprise. I couldn't see it when looking at it with my naked eye. But after taking a few photos and zooming in, I can see it.

3861 hesalite

All the times I've handled the watch, I have not been able to notice these despite looking. Interesting!

I just had to look, using a 15x loupe they are defiantly there.

They are there. Just not as pronounced as vintage pieces.

Pictures show 1861 vs 145.012. And an Zenith A3817 for fun...
Edited:

Somewhat related… I have a bit of an idiosyncratic rule for posting watch photos on Instagram - if I can’t see the subdial snailing, then I can’t post the photo.

Somewhat related… I have a bit of an idiosyncratic rule for posting watch photos on Instagram - if I can’t see the subdial snailing, then I can’t post the photo.

Yes, that is a bit quirky.

Yes, that is a bit quirky.

Hah! I figure crazed watch collector only covers so much quirk that I need to add a little more! Really great photos in this thread from @Aroxx and @s2000_driver - thank you all!

Has anyone been able to confirm any updates on this? I have a June 2024 Speedmaster (Sapphire Sandwich), and I definitely don't see any of the concentric circles on the sub-dials, even under magnification.

It seems like there was a change to the subdials in mid-2023, at least on the sapphire sandwich models.

Mine is a 2024 3861 hesalite. The circles are definitely there. They’re more pronounced in certain light but not very much so to the naked eye. I kind of like it the way they are in this generation of dials.

I don't know about my white one since it's off at Omega. My new hesalite has them, but I have to zoom the photo in all the way to make them out. My 3523.80 has them, I needed a jeweler's visor to see them.
Edited: