Forums Latest Members
  1. samatluck Jul 29, 2020

Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing this 3592.50 and wanted to get some advice on what peoples thoughts are on the watch. Anything that pops out that I should be concerned about? Buyer wants $4500. Let me know. Thanks all.

Sam

3592501.jpeg 3592502.jpeg 3592503.jpeg 3592504.jpeg 3592505.jpeg
    LeonDeBayonne and Seaborg like this.
  2. kgb Jul 29, 2020

I have an early 3572.50 (almost the same) and absolutely love it. This one looks nice with just a few scuffs. I think you should talk the seller down to $4K.

Edited Jul 29, 2020
  3. machamp6650 Jul 29, 2020

Looks like a good original example - 4.5k seems a bit strong though?

4. KeithS Jul 29, 2020

$4500 is too high unless it was very recently serviced by Omega.

5. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jul 29, 2020

And if so, only if they have proof of service. Don’t fall for the “it was serviced but I don’t have a receipt.”

6. Chaz Goldenrod Jul 29, 2020

I actually purchased my 3592.50 from this same seller about 4 years ago. I definitely recommend the reference. Hard to beat the tritium dial, 1479 bracelet, hesalite crystal, and gilt movement visible through the sapphire case back. I had a good experience with this seller who I remember working with me to correct a minor issue.
    In my opinion, this example looks good (not outstanding), and the price just "OK" (certainly not a bargain price). If you're patient you can still find these with box/papers if that's important to you. Bottom line is it should be possible to find something slightly better but it will require hunting and patience.

7. killer67 Jul 30, 2020

No red flags on it. Is this a complete set?

8. samatluck Jul 30, 2020

Helpful, thx. How would you suggest I position myself so I’m able to come across a nice example of a 3592.50. Chrono24, this forum, eBay....what else?

9. Chaz Goldenrod Jul 30, 2020

In addition to the resources you listed, I recommend downloading the WatchRecon and WatchPatrol apps and setup an alert for "3592.50". Following the hashtag 359250 (#359250) on Instagram will also feed you posts of people who may be selling one. You can also use the hashtag on instagram to connect with current owners and make offers if you see something you like. As with any online watch purchase use caution and always buy the seller!

Dedalus05 likes this.
  10. LeonDeBayonne Jul 31, 2020

The watch looks nice and 100% original. I would go for it at this price. In a few years, you’ll think of this price and times as the « good old days » and just laugh at the idea that you could have missed it for a couple of hundred dollars.

11. Delacamp Aug 3, 2020

Hello

I was chasing this watch for approximately 3 months and finally got one in June; here is what I learned during this time (please excuse my English; I am not a native speaker).

Overall, this reference is not too difficult to find, the "standard" places in the internet have already been mentioned. The more time you invest, the more watches you will find on (virtual) market places, at auctioneers etc. I realized that the 3592.50 is also quite popular in Japan and I was very close in purchasing a watch from there (but was too slow and somebody else picked it). Rakuten and Yahoo Auctions (.jp) typically have several offers and it seems quite easy to get these items using buyee.jp or zenmarket etc.

The price of this particular watch seems quite reasonable to me. Again, I watched the market for about 3 months and compared roughly 30-40 models that were offered during that time. There are obviously several points that need to be taken in consideration and it is sometimes difficult to get all the information you would like to have. Furthermore, what some sellers describe as "mint" is simply called "good" or "used" by others.... Pictures with low resolution are one of the major issues in my view. Having that said, some of the ultra-high resolution pictures show you tiny scratches that are basically invisible by eye (without magnification). I decided that box (mostly degraded) and papers are not too important for me but I got an Omega "Extract from the archives" for my watch. If you are a collector, you may have a different view on these aspects. I ended up buying a watch in Europe from a seller that I could meet in person which made me feel more comfortable (of course, I am not an expert at all and this did not exclude that I get scammed...).

Regarding the price: in general, watches in "good" condition until 4K are typically sold within few days. It is also very clear to me that the price for the 3592.50 (probably as with most Speedmaster references) has significantly increased over the last years. Only 5 years ago, it was apparently quite simple to find this reference for 3K or less while now most of these watches are offered for 4K or more with a clear trend towards 5K or even higher. Therefore, I agree with the comment of Leon that in the near future, you would love to get it for the price that is now on the table.

Good luck!

dekay65, kgb and Chaz Goldenrod like this.
  12. samatluck Aug 3, 2020

This is all very helpful. I will look into all of this, thanks for the writeup.