Speedmaster 3590.50 buying advice

Posts
4
Likes
0
Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum, hope to share with everyone some Omega passion.

I’m considering buying this Speedmaster 3590.50 from the 90s. It’s watch only, no box or papers, and as far as I know everything is original.

Just had a couple of questions regarding the watch:

Does the case look polished to you?
Anything else that looks unusual or worth checking?
What would be a fair price for the watch in its current conditions?

I love that it still has the red wax seal.

Thanks!

 
Posts
3,596
Likes
7,809
Looks like nice example. I don’t think it is polished can still see micro nicks. Any movement photos available?
Best to share asking price up front.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
Looks like nice example. I don’t think it is polished can still see micro nicks. Any movement photos available?
Best to share asking price up front.
Don´t currently have movement photos unfortunately. Seller is asking around 4000euro
 
Posts
3,596
Likes
7,809
If you are buying in EU without additional import tax it seems like reasonable price for good example.
 
Posts
394
Likes
271
EUR4K is a fair price, watch looks nice and if red seal is unbroken and the movement is truly unmolested, it is a good price to pay. Movement may need service though - just so you know.
 
Posts
741
Likes
868
Seems like a really nice watch at a very fair price. The fact that most of the black enamel in the lettering on the caseback is still present is another really good sign that the watch has not been heavily worn.

These make amazing for Speedmasters.. the way the tritium turns yellow on these 90s watches is really nice.

Be sure to budget in a movement service at some point in the not so distant future and welcome to the forum.
 
Posts
516
Likes
3,612
I agree. It looks like an honest example. It is tough to think of 90s Speedmasters as vintage or sorta vintage, but time keeps on slippin' into the future. When I started hoarding these watches, the early 70s pieces were too recent to be of any interest to me. Crazy.
 
Posts
184
Likes
203
I agree. It looks like an honest example. It is tough to think of 90s Speedmasters as vintage or sorta vintage, but time keeps on slippin' into the future. When I started hoarding these watches, the early 70s pieces were too recent to be of any interest to me. Crazy.

As someone born in the 90s I agree it is a tough thought!

But this one looks really nice!
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
EUR4K is a fair price, watch looks nice and if red seal is unbroken and the movement is truly unmolested, it is a good price to pay. Movement may need service though - just so you know.
Yes, the red seal is unbroken which I think is great!