Speedmaster 145.022 buying advice

Posts
6
Likes
0
Hello guys!

Back again seeking advice for another Speedmaster purchase. I’m just shopping around and comparing some examples I like, trying to see which one fits my budget and expectations best.

In this case, we have a 145.022 from 1982. I’d be curious to hear your opinions on its overall condition, originality, and anything you think I should pay particular attention to.

Little by little, I’m learning a lot about these amazing watches thanks to this forum.

Thanks you!

 
Posts
3,617
Likes
7,838
What is your assessment of the watch? Asking price?
 
Posts
6
Likes
0
What is your assessment of the watch? Asking price?
Everything looks correct if you ask me, but I’m not an expert hence me asking. Price is very good at around 3k€
 
Posts
3,617
Likes
7,838
Agree looks like correct early 80s watch.
Photos a bit blurry 5:00 lug may have some excess wear ?polished. Bezel may have been chipped at 90 with possible sharpie touch up. I would ask for closeups of those areas.
But I don’t see any red flags looks original.
 
Posts
1,135
Likes
6,056
Watch is being a little dressed up with a box that does not belong to that watch.
Probably needs a service which is €350/450 without parts. Would be nice buy at €2700 to cover most of your service costs then have 4/5 years of ownership without fear.