Speedmaster 145022 - any red flags?

hi everyone,
could you help me with this Speedmaster 145022, from 1984? For me it ticks the boxes of the watch that I'm looking for, but perhaps I've missed some obvious red flags. The hands are darker than the hour markers, that is fine for me.
I do see that there is some 'brown substance/dirt' between de bracelet and the case, but i assume that can be cleaned?
thanks for helping!

Hi!

Apart from a serial starting with 4558#### probably dating to 1981 or latest 1982, I would not see anything wrong with this piece.

Nice one. 😀

Hi!
Looks like it's dirt indeed. Be carefull though, the hands seem to lose some lume. You'll have to stabilize it or to change the hands (it's expensive), you don't want to have some dust in the movement.

As noted above, while apparently legit and authentic, the dark and disintegrating lume in the hands is a condition issue that should impact the price.

Hi!

Apart from a serial starting with 4558#### probably dating to 1981 or latest 1982, I would not see anything wrong with this piece.

Nice one. 😀
I disagree

I have exact same ref, serial 44.1 mln, with EOA from 21 Jan 1983

So 1984 sounds absolutely correct to me

i also think the area around the inside lugs and back of lugs have been polished - the bracelet is heavily worn, and yet the underside of the lugs have no abrasions

this, plus the hands, is a hard pass for me
Edited:

I disagree

If only it was that simple. Surely you’re right on the 441XXXXX serials. Only challenge is that Omega delivered in series, but not all series have been issued sequentially…

Example: I’ve got examples of ten 44XXXXXX serials delivered in two batches; 441XXXXX delivered between as early as '83 and as late as '87, and another 448XXXXX from '79 to '80. So, higher numbers were rather systematically delivered earlier than lower numbers.

Point is: it is impossible to tell based on an 44XXXXXX serial when an 4558XXXX serial would have been delivered, unless you've got insight into 'neighbouring' numbers, confirmed by EoA's, which I have a modest number of, and ilovemyspeedmaster is based upon. Neither will give you '84 for the serial of the OP's watch.

Luckily, the year of production doesn't seem to bother the OP much, so we can focus on the watch itself, rather than a production date that can ultimately only be approximated unless an Extract is paid for.
Edited:

I disagree

i also think the area around the inside lugs and back of lugs have been polished - the bracelet is heavily worn, and yet the underside of the lugs have no abrasions

this, plus the hands, is a hard pass for me

Thank you. I understand the polishing. With respect to the hands - do I agree correctly that it's not the ageing (color), but more the degradation of the lume that is an issue?

Thank you. I understand the polishing. With respect to the hands - do I agree correctly that it's not the ageing (color), but more the degradation of the lume that is an issue?
Yes, the dark hands are not to my liking and could indicate water ingress at some point