Speedmaster 145.022-68 Transitional bracelet?

I have a genuine Speedmaster 145.022-68 but I don't know what bracelet is attached? can anyone tell me by the attached pictures?

The only stamped numbers I can see on the bracelet is "47" stamped on the end link as shown in one of the pictures.

My dad got this watch brand new from an authorized Omega dealer for my high school graduation in 1969 so I am sure it is a genuine wristband BUT, as you can see the links seem very loose, and it just never seemed to be up to Omega standards. It was serviced by Omega a few times and i wonder if maybe it might have been switched for some other wristband.

I mean, make no mistake, this watch had a hard life. I wore it everyday and used it on offshore sailing trips for daily navigation under demanding conditions (back before the day of GPS when a good watch was mandatory).

You can read my story of how it got damaged on one Trans-Atlantic sailing trip (cracked crystal, salt water damage...had to be completely rebuilt) at:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/spe...5-022-68st-dial-replacement-or-repair.140399/

Anyway, would like to know anything you guys can tell me about the bracelet.

Thanks!

your story is awesome, I remember it when you first posted. Very glad that you kept it.

The bracelet looks like an 1175, which isn't the one that came with the 145.022-68 but did come with the next reference. The 1175 is a nice bracelet. It looks vintage, has a comfortable fit and is solidly made. I don't know the 47 endlinks but they did not originally come with this bracelet. (this bracelet would have come with 640 endlinks, if it really is an 1175 bracelet.)

Did you see anything on the inside of the clasp? Generally, there are numbers and marking there.

Edit: As far as originality, many people point out that Omega or dealers would sometimes grab a bracelet that was available and sell it with the watch. If the watch was sold later in 69, it very well could have had this bracelet added. It is not what we believe came with watches like your reference, but it still could have come with the watch originally as you said. Still don't know anything about those endlinks so maybe someone else knows. Your bezel was changed, probably at service, and that person may have swapped out your endlinks (the number 47).
Edited:

@pdxleaf i could be mistaken but aren’t 47 end links quite similar if not identical to 640 end links? When I was searching for endings for my 1175 bracelet I found many instances that noted the 1175 also being paired with no. 47 end links. A post here on OF regarding the no. 47 links with a 1275 bracelet.

Not saying it’s correct for a -68 but the end links may be correct to the 1175 bracelet.

Your bracelet looks like a 1175/47.
I think I can see a date mark on one of the blades. Non marked 1175 are often just marked Omega No. 12 in a circle. It is very hard to say if this bracelet came with the watch originally but it is a common combination, though a 1116 or a 1039 would more likely be correct. Nice watch and nice bracelet.

kind regards Max

As above it’s a genuine but unmarked 1175 and is a correct bracelet + endlink combination for an early 70’s Speedmaster.
I think it’s extremely unlikely to be the original bracelet as 1) I’ve never seen a -68 with an 1175 that was believed original and 2) I think the 1175 came out in ‘71. If you bought the watch in ‘69 it predates the release of this bracelet.