Speedmaster 125 help

I am surprised I’m finding pushback from my usual contacts about getting the 125 serviced. Any suggestions as to who might still do these other than switzerland?
Gratuitous picture:
52929955355_1c4ab5c168_k_d.jpg

Pushback as no parts are available for the movement. I think it's a caliber 1041 and only 2000 piece made.

No clue if movement used for any other models

Jules Borel says basic 1040, but except for one gear. Nothing else is compatible.

Maybe some are afraid that is a part is damaged (by them - accident). Not going to find a replacement. Can try finding a watchmaker with an Omega parts account and maybe Omega still has parts

Just a cleaning?

I just had my 125 serviced, although admittedly it does somehow have a 1040 movement. The service guy did look it over under the microscope for a good 15 mins before saying he would take it on. He said he has done other 1040 and 1041 services. All good and now my chrono is working for the first time in 15 years.

The bearings on the automatic rotor will need replacement sometime though as they are quite worn and sloppy.

The 1040 &1041 are identical movements, just differs in stamping of SN etc, as 1041 is a chronometer examined movement. 1041 was used just in this Speedmaster 125 model and often swapped with more common 1040.
As this is basicaly Lemania movement, most of the part may still be reachable for a smart watchmaker...
If there is a need, we have here in CZ independent watchmaker workshop fully Omega, Rolex etc authorized with access to original parts and they don`t follow the recommended service prices as this is calculated on the parts and work asked/needed per each watch individually.

The 1040 &1041 are identical movements, just differs in stamping of SN etc, as 1041 is a chronometer examined movement. 1041 was used just in this Speedmaster 125 model and often swapped with more common 1040.
As this is basicaly Lemania movement, most of the part may still be reachable for a smart watchmaker...
If there is a need, we have here in CZ independent watchmaker workshop fully Omega, Rolex etc authorized with access to original parts and they don`t follow the recommended service prices as this is calculated on the parts and work asked/needed per each watch individually.

If you check Jules Borel's compatibility chart you will this not to be true.

They are not the same movement and a click on random parts shows they don't work with each other except for some shock springs and a forth wheel

Loads of parts for a 1040. Next to nothing for a 1041

From the Omega tech manual -- it says that only 3 parts are different.

kind of odd that Jules Borels chart don’t match.

Also. Why would the main plate be different? Wouldn’t that affect the going train etc. if the only difference is that one is a chronometer?

someone’s wrong

I think they do.

It says cal. 1041 for the Omega 125 case reference.

The list of 1041 parts is very short, because there are relatively few dedicated parts for the 1041. Most are compatible with the 1040 movement and its Lemania equivalents.
gatorcpa

I think they do.

It says cal. 1041 for the Omega 125 case reference.

The list of 1041 parts is very short, because there are relatively few dedicated parts for the 1041. Most are compatible with the 1040 movement and its Lemania equivalents.
gatorcpa

Image you posted is for case parts. Not movement parts

But if you go to the caliber 1040 and check parts. The 1041 is not listed if you click on particular parts

This is why I wondered why the main plate is not compatible if the parts are the same. Something had to be changed for them to make a new main plate or why bother

I don't own one. Just odd to me. Maybe a Borel incomplete listing with the 1040 page

But if you go to the caliber 1040 and check parts. The 1041 is not listed as compatible

I don't own one. Just odd to me. Maybe a Borel incomplete listing with the 1040 page
Because the1041 only has 3 parts and those three parts are not compatible?

All the parts are compatible of course, the difference is only in stamping of those 3 1041 parts as shown in the pat catalog above and as I said in my previous post.
The base plate differs surprisingly also with different stamping, as there is stamped 1041 instead of 1040 😀)
It is not a rocket science, just accept the facts...

All the parts are compatible of course, the difference is only in stamping of those 3 1041 parts as shown in the pat catalog above and as I said in my previous post.
The base plate differs surprisingly also with different stamping, as there is stamped 1041 instead of 1040 😀)
It is not a rocket science, just accept the facts...

Yes that is why I was not really annoyed about finding out my 125 had a 1040 movement in it. I use it every day and it changes nothing for me. It's not like some of the Marine Chronometers I have seen on Ebay over the years that have regular 1310 megaquartz movements bodged into them.

Also. Why would the main plate be different? Wouldn’t that affect the going train etc. if the only difference is that one is a chronometer?

someone’s wrong
Marking on main plate for 1041 identifies caliber as being 1041 compare to marking on main plate for 1040 identifies caliber as being 1040. No other differences for main plate. Same in true for other two parts that have no functional differences, only markings specifying adjustments at five positions and temperature and serial number location, and finish, as Knudsen1971 and Marte stated previously. I have seen 1041 movements in Omega and other chronographs originally fitted with 1040, 1340, and 1341 movements and vice-versa, all functioning fine. All great movements with very minor differences except for 22 versus 17 jewels for various movements and COSC tuning for 1041. Other than jewel fitment and adjustments, distinctions without differences.