Forums Latest Members

Specific questions about differences between Seamasters

1. Toscano Apr 28, 2017

Hi everyone!

I recently found some old Omega's belonging to my family ( this post here, if you care to check it out ).
    And this sparked back an old feeling that now that I'm in my forties, maybe it's time to own a decent watch and stick with it for the foreseable future.

In the past few months I've been eyeing the Omega collection, had quite a few changes of heart, but ultimately kept coming back to the Seamaster.
    Specifically, the Seamaster diver 300M (the Planet Ocean's stuck-up-cog-wheel-like-bezel just doesn't do it for me).

Now, as far as I can tell, the only major difference between the latest Seamaster 300M diver ( 212.30.41.20.01.003 ) and the previous one ( 212.30.41.20.01.002 ) is the bezel.

Previous one seems like it's made of aluminium with a painted scale; and the new one looks like it's a ceramic made bezel, probably less prone to scratches and the like. I've downloaded both PDF files from Omega's website, and those were the only differences I found.
    The rest (movements, bracelet, etc.) seems unchanged.

So, here are my questions:

1. Are these the only two differences between these models? Or is there something else not exactly apparent?

2. Do you own one of the previous models and know the new one? Is the previous model much more prone to scratchs and paint coming off the bezel and stuff like that? Is the new one worth the extra 500€ or 600€ (second-hand) for the ceramic bezel?

And that's it (for now).
    Thanks.

Cheers!