Spanish boot sale 168005

What in the world was a wooden splinter doing in that movement.
What in the world was that watch doing in a car boot

..Having been round and round the flea market I came across a nice Swatch Irony Chronograph..Seller wanted €5 for it..Got him down to €4 and as i handed over the money he gestured to me something he wanted to show me in his takings bag..He got out the sorry looking Constellation..Scratched crystal, bracelet had a couple of links broken..When I enquired about price, he said €1000.. Then said he wouldn’t go lower than €800.. I went off scratching my head, wondering whether this would be a good price..A text to a friend who likes and collects these confirmed that it was worth a punt..I returned to seller.. Got my iPhone out, set it to calculator and punched in “600” showed figure to seller..Moments later, the Connie was mine!!!
On my return home, I opened up the watch with my vintage Tissot case back opening tool set (these are compatible) and found it was a birth year watch ..1966
Edited:

Nice story, but…

… seriously? 😁
..€4 for a Swatch Irony Chrono ? Yup! Needed a battery and a new strap, as original was stiff and cracked..Bought a brand new Swatch rubber.. It was pricey but excellent quality and comfort..!
Sold watch £70