Sourcing Omega Constellation 167.005 in the UK

Is there both a silver and white dial version of this watch or is it just different lighting conditions/patina?

Some pictures have very prominent silver dials, whilst some look very ivory white.

Also looking at this one for sale - appreciate any comments.

The lugs look much sharper - I also don’t mind the engraving too much, although I would probably sell the bracelet as it would live on a leather band.

IMG_3583.jpeg IMG_3584.jpeg IMG_3585.jpeg IMG_3586.jpeg IMG_3587.jpeg IMG_3588.jpeg IMG_3589.jpeg IMG_3590.jpeg

This watch is on Chrono correct, at €3k plus customs and import( whatever the final cost is in Pound Sterling, say £2.6k+)to the UK,say you could get better value search around and be patient.

Is there both a silver and white dial version of this watch or is it just different lighting conditions/patina?

Some pictures have very prominent silver dials, whilst some look very ivory white.
There are some white dialled Constellations but not in the references you’re looking at. It’s more than likely the ‘champagne’ dial you’re seeing which can appear lighter in some photos.
IMG_1132.jpeg

Ah - so there is both a white dial and champagne dial for the 167.005 and 168.005 references?

Ah - so there is both a white dial and champagne dial for the 167.005 and 168.005 references?
No that’s not what I said.
There are white dial Constellations but not in 167.005 and 168.005. Not that I’ve seen anyway.

No that’s not what I said.
There are white dial Constellations but not in 167.005 and 168.005. Not that I’ve seen anyway.
Sorry for the misquote.

So all these references are only 'champagne' colour dials that just differ based on the amount of patina?

I've just come across this 167.005
IEsyGT6.jpg

Although not in the UK so unfortunately can't help!
Good luck with the search though, the 167.005 no date is one of my favourites.

I've just come across this 167.005
IEsyGT6.jpg

Although not in the UK so unfortunately can't help!
Good luck with the search though, the 167.005 no date is one of my favourites.
I don’t mind buying from outside the UK.

Just as long as it’s a good example with sharp/relatively sharp facets on the lugs.

Condition of the watch is pretty good. Doesn’t look like there is much damage to the dial lacquer. Can’t tell if the black on the markers is paint or onyx. Movement looks clean and lines are sharp.

However, that price is absurd :eek:. Maybe 4 times market, even with the bracelet. For that price, I want Gerald Genta to rise from the grave to deliver it to me.

Hard pass.
gatorcpa

Like 2
Just one slight mark on the top right lug, otherwise a very nice watch.
As above the price is ridiculous, half that would still be expensive.

Condition of the watch is pretty good. Doesn’t look like there is much damage to the dial lacquer. Can’t tell if the black on the markers is paint or onyx. Movement looks clean and lines are sharp.

However, that price is absurd :eek:. Maybe 4 times market, even with the bracelet. For that price, I want Gerald Genta to rise from the grave to deliver it to me.

Hard pass.
gatorcpa

Appreciate the comments and thought as much.

I am not too interested in the strap - is it worth trying to haggle down and then sell the strap separately or is it still going to be grossly inflated?

I do like the condition though

Good thing the case is not white gold, then they would be asking $20k

Like 1
Good thing the case is not white gold, then they would be asking $20k
If it were white gold, $20K would be very cheap.
gatorcpa