Forums Latest Members

Someone coming from NYC to France?

1. Maitreyoda007 Feb 3, 2021

Hello all,
    I'm Sebastien, a french guy from west of France (where the biggest cruise ships are built).
    I fell in love with a very nice Speed from NYC and I would like to avoid a shipping with all its issues.
    So, if in the coming days/weeks, a nice person make the travel NYC/Paris, please tell me!

PM for more info ;)
    THX
    Seb.

2. Dor_42 Feb 3, 2021

I think you're better off shipping it with insurance rather than trusting a "random" stranger online... But that's just me :whistling:
    Good luck!

89-0 likes this.
  3. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Feb 3, 2021

And the random guy would still have to pay French duty on it.

4. vlaspri Feb 3, 2021

Great idea if that would be one of your friends. I would rather pay for insured express shipping.

Dor_42 likes this.
  5. YY77 Feb 3, 2021

How would you make sure someone is actually travelling to France, if I would help you but fly to Nigeria from NYC?

Dor_42 likes this.
  6. Dor_42 Feb 3, 2021

The watch would be a gift to you for sharing your wealth with him following your inheritance money.

YY77 and Spruce like this.
  7. peterkirk01 Feb 3, 2021

I thought there was no international travel except for essential reasons, and buying a watch is really really nice but hardly essential.

8. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 3, 2021

Jeez, don’t be so hard on the guy, it’s not like he is asking somehow to make the trip just to get him his watch. Regarding any import tax I guess that is an important issue to clarify :D

I once had a Speedy sent to a senior and very respected member on the OF, who then transported it across the Atlantic, and that worked out just fine. I was very new in the world of watches and trusted a member in here more than FedEx :)

jumpingsecond and Enzo like this.
  9. S.H. Feb 3, 2021

Yes, I think it has been done before more than once on OF.

Btw @Maitreyoda007 you are in St Nazaire? I was born here...

10. Maitreyoda007 Feb 3, 2021

Hello everyone,
    Many thanx for these replies.
    My question was may be full of innocence but i thought that OF was a big communauty full of respectful members .
    I just wanted to avoid the stress of a FedEx shipping (and the custom fees too) but nothing is simple finally...
    And yes I live in St Nazaire