Solid 14K Seamaster - Is this all original?

Hello everyone,

I have this beautiful 14k gold Seamaster on it's way to me.

REF. 2627 SC - 355 Bumper Movement.

A few of my watch buddies have pointed some things about the "Seamaster" and "Omega" fonts. They have raised some doubt about whether this is a redial or all original.

I know the fonts have changed a bit over the years. Does anyone know if this case/dial or correct?

Thanks in advance!

Looks original to me. The cardinal minute hashes have serifs, which is a good sign. I have a 2627 that has some exceptionally nonstandard script that I feel is original, and yours is more in line with what I'd expect than mine. I would be comfortable betting that this is an original dial.

Pardon the old, crappy picture:

Looks original to me. The cardinal minute hashes have serifs, which is a good sign. I have a 2627 that has some exceptionally nonstandard script that I feel is original, and yours is more in line with what I'd expect than mine. I would be comfortable betting that this is an original dial.

Thank you! I definitely feel a bit better now. There are so many subtle details with these, I can never figure it out for sure.

If you Google this:
omega 2627 site: omegaforums.net

you will have quite a few threads about these and some ads for the private sales section. This will help build good comparisons.

Mate I’d be all over that like a bloody seagull pouncing on a dropped chip!
The seagulls down at Willytown don't even wait for you to drop a chip.
They self serve 😡.

Just curious, do you know if this model should have a screw down crown or not?

I have seen stainless models described as having a screw down crown but I am not sure about gold models.

Thanks again!

Put those watch buddies on here so we can talk to them.

Screw-down crown? If you have an example of that on a dress Seamaster, gold or SS, please post it.

Put those watch buddies on here so we can talk to them.

Screw-down crown? If you have an example of that on a dress Seamaster, gold or SS, please post it.

those watch friends have quieted down a lot since I started asking around.

I have never seen one with screw down myself, just another one of those watch friend rumors.

I did just discover the tiny Omega horseshoe etched into the center of the crystal though! Very cool.

Thanks for the reply!

The Seamaster models with screw-down crowns are mainly the obvious dive-watches. There may be an exception to that, but I can't think of one offhand.

Here is my cheaper version, only gold capped, one
Yours looks good to me

Thanks for everyone that replied! I do have another question about this watch.

Would it be correct/appropriate for this particular model to be worn on a bracelet?

I haven't really seen any old advertisements with them on a bracelet but I have seen a few people online who have the gold BOR like the one above.

Just curious.

Also, another pic!...

At that time (early 1950s) most Omega watches were usually sold with a strap. If the buyer wanted a bracelet they could purchase one at additional cost. I'm not aware of any suitable bracelets from that time period though.

Early 18k 7077s do fit. Their value exceeds the one of the watch though and they’re not exactly easy to find.

At that time (early 1950s) most Omega watches were usually sold with a strap. If the buyer wanted a bracelet they could purchase one at additional cost. I'm not aware of any suitable bracelets from that time period though.

Thanks, I guess I didn't really consider aftermarket bracelets as an option back then. Makes perfect sense!

Early 18k 7077s do fit. Their value exceeds the one of the watch though and they’re not exactly easy to find.

Interesting, those do look pretty sweet!

I'm not really sure how much my watch is realistically worth, but those bracelets are definitely a bit on the pricey side. ‍