Forums Latest Members

My New Seamaster (is this factory or frankenwatch?)

1. python2121 Apr 29, 2015

Hello!
    I recently purchased this Seamaster on eBay (my first watch ever) and I love it. It looks awesome and it works well. It doesn't look like any of the really bad redials or fakes in the sticky thread, but since I couldn't find much on this watch or similar watches, I have a sneaking suspicion that it could be a redial or some mix of other watches. I couldn't quite find the reference on the Omega search site, but I found a very similar reference (it says 166.051 and all I could find was 166.0051 (gold filled)). I was hoping you guys could weigh in and give me your (extremely informed) opinions. The first photo is mine (iPhone quality, sorry!) and the second two are from the listing, the face photo seems spot on so I thought it would be helpful to include. Thanks in advance.

Watch.jpg Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 12.04.07 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 12.02.07 AM.png
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 30, 2015

Often with the omega database you need to add that extra 0. Also, often the database only lists one case type (eg gold filled) when it was actually available on multiple (eg stainless steel).

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 30, 2015

The database confirms a cal 1000/1002, which is what you have. The database has this just as a deville not a seamaster deville, but your dial could still be legit.,

However I am concerned by the lack of minute track and the height of the Swiss made, which makes me think redial.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 30, 2015

5. python2121 Apr 30, 2015

Thank you! The lack of minute track is actually what initially prompted me to ask the questions as it seemed unusual. And I agree the location of the "swiss made" isn't auspicious compared to those other ones.

Edited Apr 30, 2015