Forums Latest Members

FS SOLD Omega flightmaster 145.026 with..... unusual dial ;)

1. photo500 Jul 8, 2015

Hi All,
    It's been a while since I finished this flightmaster and I've enjoyed wearing it and relating its story to friends. Time now though for it to go to a new home where it can continue its gentle retirement. :)

This watch has two threads related to it;

https://omegaforums.net/threads/a-little-too-much-patina-flightmaster-vs-water.12482/#post-143997

and here;

https://omegaforums.net/threads/i-think-ill-call-it-the-ghostflight.15675/

Since then, I have fitted another gmt hand which does look better and that's about it.

Case;
    Completely untouched original 145.026 with a fair amount of the original finish remaining. All original crowns and pusher caps. Case back is pretty smooth with just a hint of engraving remaining. New crystal. Despite some new seals this case is definitely not waterproof, that's down to reusing the original crowns.

Dial;
    Original dial with incredible patina and real personality, the rotating bezel is original to the watch.

Hands; The running seconds hand, hour recorder and minute recorder hands are original. The others were too far gone and were replaced with period items.

Movement;
    As much of the original Cal 911 was reused which means, the plates and bridges. Rebuilt from a Lemania 1873 and various (many) other new Omega donor parts. New case clamps, screws and stem. The rebuilding was done by a watchmaker before I was confident to tackle something like this so I don't have many pics of the movement.

Bracelet;
    Comes with a super stretched but original 1159. Broken pins x2. You'll need to get this one repaired but it is wearable once the pins are replaced. NATO seen in the pics is provided also.

This flightmaster is running perfectly and operates just like a fully restored one. Obviously it still retains its WW3 patina and I think is all the more lovable for it. See the pics of it on a timegrapher to see how well it runs.

I'm asking $2500 USD net to me which for a fully rebuilt and serviced flightmaster is very reasonable. Postage to anywhere by express international courier will be $65USD If the cosmetic condition bothers you, dials, hands, crowns etc are still available and I can refinish the case no problem. Be a shame to do it though.....I'm located in Australia and unless you're also in Perth, trades are out of the question, they're just too hard to organise.

Thanks for looking :) the following photos are not retouched or enhanced.

IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG
    Image.jpg

Image 1.jpg
    jellytots and alam like this.