Forums Latest Members
  1. photo500 Aug 15, 2014

A while ago I got a water damaged flightmaster. The following thread covers the story..

http://omegaforums.net/threads/a-little-too-much-patina-flightmaster-vs-water.12482/#post-143997

Since then it's been fun trying to get it back to working condition. I used a donor Lemania movement and used the original plates too. The original pusher caps have new bases, there's a new stem, case clamps and screws, crystal and stem. I found a nice set of tritium hour and minute hands as the rust had enlarged the original hand holes and there is an old chrono seconds hand as well.

The crowns are all original too. Of course the best bit is the dial and I resisted the urge to refinish the case. That wasn't hard actually as I love the look of this thing :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Varasc Aug 15, 2014

Fascinating. I'd like to see it restored.

3. ulackfocus Aug 15, 2014

Wabi sabi.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 15, 2014

Love the look

5. M.D. Aug 15, 2014

I love these watches! Nice to see you've been able to breath some life back into this one.

6. lenny Aug 16, 2014

Great to see your progress. As far as I am concerned, all it needs is some lume on the gmt hand.

7. photo500 Aug 17, 2014

This is the third flightmaster I've done a complete revision on. It would have been easy enough to give it a new dial, hands, crowns etc but I like the unusual history this one must have had. I contacted the original owner and he tells me that it came from the estate of a watchmaker and must have been sitting for quite some time. It's a pity the full story will never be known but its also fun to guess what might have happened to it.

Lenny, I tried to use anything that could re-used and keeping with that formula meant using the original GMT hand. The only parts that were replaced were parts that physically could not be refitted due to rust or having been damaged during removal and separation from other rusted parts.

lenny likes this.
  8. Cortezthekiller Aug 17, 2014

Looks awesome. Moon crater dial. I would wear it!