Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Aqua Terra 2504.30 just serviced by Omega (July 2020)

1. Annapolis Jul 31, 2020

A new (big) purchase compels me to sell one more piece, and this one’s tough to swallow, as it’s been out of my hands for a couple months and I was looking forward to wearing it again. So it goes.

Note that aside from blocking out the serial #, I am doing no processing whatsoever to my photos: these are straight from the camera to the post. The watch has nothing to hide. Omega did a gorgeous job refinishing it,

This is the mid-size (36mm) Aqua Terra: big enough to feel substantial on the male wrist, but subtle enough to fly under the radar when you don’t want to call lots of attention to your expensive taste in watches. :)

The serial dates it to approx. 2006; I purchased it from a forum member several months back. Although he had the box, tags, manual and warranty card (all included in this sale), there was no documented service history, so I decided to send it off to Omega for routine maintenance. (Much of this was contemplated aloud right here on the Omega Forums.) It was running well, but a few seconds per day outside of factory spec, plus I figured if (perhaps) it had never seen a proper maintenance overhaul, fourteen years was luck-pressing. The watch was officially received for service on June 16th (though sent in a bit before that), and was marked “Completed” on July 29th. It has not been (and will not be) worn since its return to me. I removed the static protective stickers to take these pictures and have just reapplied them.

Obviously, I didn’t intend to drop $608 on an official service only to turn around and re-sell the piece for about what I paid, but I’m hoping the tradeoff is that a freshly overhauled watch will appeal enough to move fairly quickly, since it has the service paperwork, it’s running like new, shouldn’t need another service for quite a long time, and you can’t ask for a better authenticity guarantee than an actual visit to Omega! (Not that I ever had concerns about its authenticity.)

The watch is mesmerizing front & back: the sunburst silver/white dial and the mirror-like logo and indices catch whatever the light is doing. In dusk light especially, when the lume starts to pop, it’s truly special. The clear caseback, with the visible balance wheel and the meticulously finished rotor, is hypnotic to look at. In my short time with the watch, I frequently found myself taking it off my wrist just to stare at the movement. …It wastes time as well as it keeps it.

All that’s missing here is the bracelet, which was sold off. Abundant compensation, the watch is mounted to an OEM Omega strap: the First Omega in Space brown leather band with white stitching and stainless branded buckle. It’s a winning combination, especially if, like me, you prefer straps to bracelets. I will also throw in an OEM Omega NATO---black with red piping---that has been slightly modified to avoid the extra loop accumulation. It’s a good look for this watch. (This strap retails for $160, but especially since it’s been modded, I’m treating it as a gratis add-on and not part of the valuation of the watch.)

You also get the bag of parts from Omega! :) Maybe there's a crafting project to be done with them. And I’m including the red Omega-branded zipper case they used to return the watch to me.

Sorry for the crappy, dim quality of the lume pic: it's just meant to be a reference shot, not a glamorous one. Indeed, I’m not going for artistic pics here, just ones that add to the description. Please feel free to request any additional photos you want.

The movement (per the service spec sheet) is the 2500B caliber.

Case size (as noted) is 36mm.

Lug width is 19mm.

Minor strap/bracelet-change-type nicks on the underside of the lugs that Omega thankfully didn't polish out, instead leaving the lugs nice and sharp. :) The watch otherwise looks brand new to my eyes. (Can't say the same for the red pleather box, which is showing its age.)

CONUS buyers only, no exceptions, sorry. The watch will ship from Maryland, and if you can come to the Annapolis area and do f2f I will drop $50 from the price to compensate for shipping/insurance savings.

$1,700 shipped. Generally I’m not looking for any trades (partial or otherwise) as this is, again, meant to defray the cost of another purchase. That said, I am (potentially) in the market for a men’s quartz 300m (or maybe 200m) for a friend, and if you’ve got one of those I might be interested.

Feedback here and another 70+ more (over 20 years) on eBay. Username can be shared over pm.)

Thanks, OF, for the virtual real estate!

image8.jpeg image7 (1).jpeg image6 (3).jpeg image5 (2).jpeg image4 (2).jpeg image0 (13).jpeg image1 (8).jpeg image2 (5).jpg image3 (5).jpg image9.jpg IMG_0957.JPG
    Edited Aug 4, 2020
  2. Annapolis Aug 1, 2020

Price drop bump—open to reasonable offers and will consider trades for quartz divers as mentioned. (Omega preferred but am open to other ideas.)

Expecting valuations from C&C, Joma, Torneau and a few other places this coming week but would (much) rather sell to a forum member—this is an OF family watch now.

3. Annapolis Aug 2, 2020

Bump drop #2

4. Annapolis Aug 4, 2020

Bump drop #3. A bit of interest but the watch is still available, so I've dropped to $1700.

Hope everyone along the east coast is staying safe and dry! So far it's just steady rain here...

5. Annapolis Aug 5, 2020

Sold—thanks for the space here!

Zdzislaw likes this.