Forums Latest Members

So, what are you guys into aside from watches?

1. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 20, 2012

No "Bonnie Purple Heather " to be seen, Provence five weeks ago, seems like a lifetime. Back home, dark by six thirty in the evening and all the weather has to throw at us,agggh.
    Still have around 160 litres of wine from the trip so it will help :D

2. Steve Oct 20, 2012

That should see you through a cold Scottish winter !.;)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2012

4. Mary255 Oct 20, 2012

Your dog is so cute! May I know what kind of hound he/she is?

My dog's facial structure seems to share some similarity. But I will never know what he really is. He was adopted from a shelter. I was told he is a Lab Retriever, but surely he is too big (105 lbs), and his ears are longer than that of a typical Lab. His bark seems to be a little "houndish" too. Yet his height and length seem to indicate a bit of Great Dane. I will never know what he is but he is one lovely dog. Here is a picture of my big boy.

MySammyBoy.jpg

X350 XJR, Alpha, dsio and 1 other person like this.
  5. alam Oct 20, 2012

good looking pooch... :thumbsup:

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 21, 2012

Mary255, that is one lovely dog you have, the face and eyes say Lab to me. The eyes just say a cuddle please.
    My wee boy is a Beagle, his father was an American supreme champion, not that we are in to that sort of thing. He was a failed show dog, wrong temperament, so we like to think we rescued him. He was a year and a half old and they just wanted rid of him and that was our lucky day, since then he has travelled all over Europe with us and I can't imagine life without him.

Mary255 likes this.
  7. ulackfocus Oct 21, 2012

Mary, some retrievers, particularly males, get over 100 lbs. Our Golden was 120 lbs at his peak. Even though I thought he had some Irish Setter in him because of the ridge on the top of his head and his height, the vet said he was all Golden. Labs are great dogs. A little enthusiastic the first couple years, but they settle down to awesome pets.

Mary255 likes this.
  8. Mary255 Oct 22, 2012

Thanks, he is lovely - just a little "bratty" enough to be cute. ;) He has not yet had one single accident at home (knock on wood!). And I don't have to deal with his messy stuff at all as he knows to go the backwoods to do his duty. The only I wish I have is to train him to walk by my side instead of ahead of me. He does not pull (well, sometimes), but likes to walk ahead just enough to feel some tension on his neck. If I walk faster, he walks faster, etc.

9. Mary255 Oct 22, 2012

Your Golden was 120 lls? LOL! Now this gets me even more confused about my big boy. LOL!

10. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 23, 2012

Mary, a little trick that worked with a Lab of mine many years was to carry a light cane and to swing it gently in front of the dogs nose as soon as he/she starts to move ahead of you.
    I dont want you to thing I advocate actually hitting the dog but just the sight of the cane passing the nose is or can be enough.
    In my case if I remember correctly it took about a month before the pulling ceased.
    Good luck.

Mary255 likes this.
  11. Mary255 Oct 23, 2012

This is such a good idea. I will try it next time. Perhaps with a twig!

12. MyVintageOmega Oct 29, 2012

Love guitar alot.....pictured is my 1980 Gibson Les Paul....also own a fender electric strat.,Takimine electric acoustic and Harmony tenor base vintage FRAMED.jpg [​IMG]

ChrisN and Dablitzer like this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 29, 2012

My sister's a bit of a guitar nut, she has this 1955 Teisco J-5 (worth a tiny fraction of yours) but it was one of those funny things where my uncle got it new in 1955, played it once, put it in its case in the garage, and never touched it, until 50 years later my sister started playing, and ended up with a BNIB 1955 electric. If you wonder how people find them, that's the way lol

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  14. ulackfocus Oct 29, 2012

Man, I gotta get some Advil and break out the early 70's Harmony. The coolest guitar ever in my family was my brother's late 80's Charvel Flying V. Every time I rememberf that some hair band's song pops into my head, like Fastway's "Say What You Will" or Ratt's "Lay It Down".

15. MyVintageOmega Oct 30, 2012

Some how I imagine alot of members can rock a guitar......

16. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 30, 2012

I have two sitting in my study doing nothing. The nearest I got to playing them again was when I broke my foot a couple of years ago. Sadly, no time for it any more.

Will see if I can stick a couple of photos up, just for old times sake...

17. MyVintageOmega Oct 30, 2012

I often take quite long breaks away from them......but darn what a great escape to Jam. I will always find the pathway back to picking them up......and I bet you will to//cheers

18. MyVintageOmega Nov 13, 2012

Wilkinsons Templar swords.jpg Knights Templar Wilkinsons  sword.jpg Collecting.........goes deep....Wilkinson Knights Templar sword.

19. Mary255 Nov 13, 2012

I want to get rid of my guitars, ukeles, mandolins, some Hawaiian instruments (can't even remember what they are called - made of gourds), Baglamas, and Oreiental rugs -- things that I collected in a frenzy that are totally unnecessary now. Unlike watches, these stuff are bulky and will take some effort to list, sell, and mail. Same with redundant photographic equipment. By the end of next year, I would like to at least clear up one bedroom so I can walk into it. LOL!

20. ulackfocus Nov 13, 2012

Do you mean the ipu drums they use for hula?

ipu.jpg