Forums Latest Members

So Rolex showed us the September news. When is Omega getting to it?

1. Tipofthehat Aug 31, 2020

As the title says, when do we get to see what Omega has decided to officially do?

Prices going up, things getting added or discontinued?

2. Wetworks Aug 31, 2020

With such an uninspired release, I don't really think Omega has much they need to do to counter. That said, they did update the Constellation line, and have released quite a few LEs. Plus they have something in their favor Rolex doesn't; availability.

Guidster, KingCrouchy, OmeGez and 9 others like this.
  3. Meme-Dweller Aug 31, 2020

The only way to beat an updated regular production Submariner is to release an updated regular production Speedmaster Professional ::bleh::

nzshadow likes this.
  4. 3rdstringholder Aug 31, 2020

Trying to obtain any stainless professional model is laughable through an AD. Can always go gray and over pay. I guess no real point in making a big splash with new models.

Wetworks likes this.
  5. Dedlock Aug 31, 2020

I'm just in shock by Rolex stinker of a reveal.

1mm increases in case size, ceramic bezels, updated movement to bring upto market standard, rehash of older colours, price hike and slew of discontinuations to send grey market prices even higher.

Omega dont have to counter punch.

Tet, nzshadow and Wetworks like this.
  6. Tipofthehat Aug 31, 2020

• HA HA HA! that could be spot on if they update the movement etc.
    • Anyone notice the X-33 Skywalker no longer has a special box and is unavailable on the Omega US website? Just wanted to add another subtle rumor in lol

7. Caliber561 Aug 31, 2020

My thoughts exactly. The 2018 Seamaster 300m still knocks the 2020 Sub out of the park. And that's not even mentioning the amplitude issues with the 323X series of movements.

Dedlock and 3rdstringholder like this.
  8. taz101 Aug 31, 2020

ive seen this mentioned before what are the supposed issues and why would a watchmaker as thorough as Rolex use it??

9. EricCsN Aug 31, 2020

must be great being a designer in watch casing and movement at Rolex; minimalist - tiny incremental - work with full pay year after year. Seriously I sometimes wonder why any really good designer who surely must crave to express their creativity and innovative ideas would bother to come - let again stay - in a career doing design with rolex. He/ she will be bored or frustrated to death with little design work to do (so you get to change the bezel one year) day in day out and looking enviously at what others with other watch makers are generating. And imagine getting a great performance appraisal from the boss at Rolex as a designer when your work is so minuscule. If you truly are a great designer, why bother to work for Rolex (your job satisfaction and professional self respect is zero) .

Edited Aug 31, 2020
  10. Meme-Dweller Aug 31, 2020

How do you feel about the designer working for Invicta?

11. Dsloan Aug 31, 2020

Omg I would totally pay to watch a documentary of the frantic design pitch sessions that must happen every week at Invicta HQ.

Stovy and Tipofthehat like this.
  12. EricCsN Aug 31, 2020

probably a stepping stone to something better.

13. Caliber561 Aug 31, 2020

Well, there's no officially identified reason for the issue, as far as I know. There are a number of threads on TRF that document this wear occurring across watches equipped with a 32XX series movement. It seems that the pivot for seconds wheel within the center wheel wears prematurely and causes amplitude to drop rapidly. I'm not a watchmaker so I don't really know what the issue is, but to be honest, I'm rather surprised that Rolex hasn't issued a fix for this considering the issue has apparently been around since the movement series' launch.

On a somewhat related note, I've also heard that the mainspring barrel for the 3235 is sealed & unserviceable, so buyers will be forced to send their watches to RSCs. At this point, they're basically just batteries.

EDIT: Not sure if you've already heard about this as well, but apparently the 3235 ceramic ball bearings are easily damaged when shocked. Since the bearing isn't removable, the entire rotor has to be replaced.

14. Meme-Dweller Aug 31, 2020

No surprise, the 31XX movements have been around and refined 30+ years. 32XX is going to have some growing pains.

15. Newatch321 Sep 1, 2020

Rolex just when lame to say the least for my taste. Don't like any of their new models, but that is just me. For those that like their new models enjoy. Won't be paying extra or MSRP for them.
    Omega show me Apollo XIII Snoopy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW

Edited Sep 1, 2020
  16. Marsimaxam Sep 1, 2020

Heard the expression, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." Rolex as a brand has a formula that works, and has worked for decades. What high end Swiss watch company has the highest sales volume and highest number of watches produced... Rolex. Rolex will continue to rehash, and jack up prices until the market says otherwise.

1 – ROLEX
    • Estimated watch sales: ~ CHF 5,500 million
    • Estimated number of watches sold: 950,000
    2 – OMEGA
    • Estimated watch sales: ~ CHF 2,350 million
    • Estimated number of watches sold: 650,000
    Source: https://monochrome-watches.com/the-top-10-swiss-watch-brands-in-2019/
    Omega show me Apollo XIII !!!!!!!!!!NOW

David J and dstfno like this.
  17. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 1, 2020

@Marsimaxam
    timeless Rolex design... remember, fashion passes, style remains !
    No Apollo XIII for Omega, but another Snoopy to celebrate 50 years NASA Snoopy award on October 5th, 2020

Marsimaxam and dstfno like this.
  18. dstfno Sep 1, 2020

That is just closing your eyes for reality. The Rolex formula is working and they outsell every watch brand out there. Omega would love to be in a position where the market demand is higher than what they can supply.

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 1, 2020

They have Oct the 5th
    and
    Some special thing “Outside the square“ At the end of the year hinted by @Robert-Jan from Fratello

20. buramu Sep 1, 2020

Yeah, all Omega have to do is not make their existing watches bigger/uglier.