Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 4, 2019

Think about a fancy trigger on one of the Glocks I have, but since I carry appendix with it pointing at my wiener, changing the trigger would not be in my best interest. The regular old Glock trigger, I trust a 1000% it will only go off when I want it to. Those ZEV triggers are nice.........

I will join in the hate too. So many guns on the desire list. But I like my standardization.

voere and Mtek like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy Sep 4, 2019

This is my appendix carry holster - very tight kydex trigger-guard type holster that completely covers the trigger and requires quite a stiff tug to get the pistol to snap off of the trigger holster. It’s held in place by a strong paracord wrapped around a belt or belt loop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 4, 2019
    voere, Mtek and The Father like this.
  3. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 4, 2019

Nice setup. Got some Hornady hollow points there?

4. larryganz The cable guy Sep 4, 2019

I had to go back and edit my post because it changed Kydex to index.

Those are 115 grain solid copper hollow point 9 mm P+ (not sure if double tap or Corbon).

Mtek likes this.
  5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Sep 5, 2019

Glock triggers can be made into a fairly nice triggers. Normally the Glocks I own I install the smooth faced Glock trigger plus 3.5 connector along with some polishing end result very nice stock Glock setup.

Mtek likes this.
  6. Waltesefalcon Sep 5, 2019

My curmudgeonly post for the day:
    I may just be spoiled by 1911 triggers, SA revolvers, and the single action on Colt DA revolvers but I've never shot a Glock with what I consider a nice trigger, one with a crisp break at between 2.5 and 3.5 pounds. What does a good trigger feel like on a Glock? Does it still have that trigger safety? Can you eliminate the creep?

64Wing, noelekal and Mtek like this.
  7. Wryfox Sep 5, 2019

Like Voere says above...3.5 trigger polished plus straight trigger shoe is about as good as you can get. There are other fancy little doodads but its very small incremental gains. Its the nature of the beast the way it functions to set the firing pin. Even the best Glock triggers feel like an elastic band.

Waltesefalcon and noelekal like this.
  8. Wryfox Sep 5, 2019

So here's an interesting little number....Colt All American 2000.

What?

Exactly. Lasted all of 2 yrs from 1992-1994. About 20,000 made but not 20,000 sold so its unknown how many actually exist in the wild.

Designed by Reed Knight and Eugene Stoner. Yep, those two superheroes of firearm design.

Then Colt got their hands on it. And redesigned it into failure. They wanted a Glock beater. They lost spectacularly. Operational problems from the get go. The trigger mechanics were suspiciously similar to the glock. Had it been successful I'm sure Glock would have liked to have a word.

Colt didn't even make these themselves...they shopped it out to make all the parts, and colt finished assembling. That's it.

A safety recall in 1993 put the final nail in it.

People either love them, or hate them, or have no clue they ever existed.

But here's what's neat about them...
    -Rotating barrel (looks like an ar15 bolt...Stoner influence for sure)
    -Roller locking (barrel actually moves with the slide for a bit before locking)
    -Trigger reset/restrike (round didn't fire? try again)
    -Straight pull Trigger on 4 roller bearings...very very smooth (but long)
    -Super easy disassembly and whole trigger group pops out in one assembly.
    -Front sight attached to barrel bushing so different length barrels could be used in same frame, just use longer or shorter barrel bushing.
    -HUGE slide release. You are not going to miss releasing the slide after a mag change.
    -Advertised as zero lube/zero maintenance (fail and fail..the later manual actually included a couple comments on doing both)

Pretty novel stuff for back then when PDs(target market) were still 99% revolvers.

Took it shooting last weekend and it worked just fine. An interesting piece of infamy and I'm sure I'm the only one on my block to have one.
    20190905_154118.jpg 20190905_154126.jpg 20190905_154146.jpg

voere, Waltesefalcon and noelekal like this.
  9. larryganz The cable guy Sep 6, 2019

My ZEV Glock trigger replaces everything inside the grip and slide, and does not feel like an elastic band. It has a nice short take up, a fairly crisp break with little creep, and a short reset.

10. Wryfox Sep 6, 2019

Those guys are like the Tiffany of glock world.

My local gun shop has several ZEV race guns, starting at $1800.

On the other hand, a 3.5lb connector is about $15.

larryganz and Waltesefalcon like this.
  11. Omegafanman Sep 8, 2019

I was at Tate modern this weekend …. painting with full calibre rifles and pistols … that was a new one on me...All that target practice wasted over the years.....could have been producing fine artworks!

A critic has observed that Saint Phalle's "insistence on exuberance, emotion and sensuality, her pursuit of the figurative and her bold use of colour have not endeared her to everyone in a minimalist age". She was well known in Europe, but her work was little-seen in the US, until her final years in San Diego. Another critic said: "The French-born, American-raised artist is one of the most significant female and feminist artists of the 20th century, and one of the few to receive recognition in the male-dominated art world during her lifetime". Shooting Picture is a relief work by the artist Niki de Saint Phalle. The surface of the work is rough and textured, featuring a white background and multiple streams of differently coloured paint including purple, yellow, blue, red and black. Each of the colours appears to have dripped down the canvas from a hole, which exposes a dark surface beneath the white. Saint Phalle made this work by shooting with a gun at bags of paint that were placed on the canvas. Before the shooting began, the surface was covered with white plaster and pigment to resemble a blank canvas. As the shooting commenced, the bags would be punctured and the coloured paints released to flow and splash.
    Shooting Picture is one of a series of works by Saint Phalle titled Tirs, meaning fire or gunshot in French, which were made up until 1970 and all involved the artist shooting at the canvas. These shootings were conceived as performances, and as such formed part of the work. At some shootings audience members were invited to participate, and in the case of this painting owned by Tate, the American artists Robert Rauschenberg and Jasper Johns both took aim.
    Shooting Picture was made for Saint Phalle’s exhibition Feu a Volonté (Fire at Will) that was held at Galerie J in Paris between 30 June and 12 July 1961.

Use 1.jpg Use 2.jpg Use 3.jpg
    63TR4, Mtek and noelekal like this.
  12. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 8, 2019

The revolver depicted: A Colt Officers Model Match?

13. Mtek Sep 8, 2019

Installed the Mammoth ivories, and got a new iwb, gotta say I’m pleased.

83741486-7A12-4236-A004-0D88D65BB688.jpeg 3F9E05AC-812F-4D91-97DA-E9066D149223.jpeg DD97FF2C-6CDE-42F4-A604-8036DB4DB682.jpeg

14. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 8, 2019

Almost too pretty to shoot.
    Damn they don’t give those mammoth grips away do they.

Edited Sep 8, 2019
    noelekal and Mtek like this.
  15. Mtek Sep 8, 2019

I actually love it when blue gets adge wear and a bit of patina. I’m hoping this goes plum like older Pythons and Les Baers.

noelekal and Professor like this.
  16. Professor Sep 8, 2019

Picked this one up fairly cheap, with free shipping to boot. A first variation 760 Power Master, not to be confused with the more recent Pumpmaster.
    Metal receiver and brass turn bolt probe , along with Tiger Maple wooden stock and fore arm,rather than the mostly plastic Pump Master.
    Similar in appearance but very different internals.
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~4UAAOSw6T5dbsyz/s-l1600.jpg

Should get it in the mail within the next few days.

I'm building quite a collection of older airguns, as well as some fine recent models.
    Nothing fancy, mainly interested in the engineering. Many different ways of doing the same things.

Mtek likes this.
  17. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Sep 9, 2019

Professor;

That could be a hoot if redone. Do you know when it was produced?

Wryfox;

After a cursory look in a gun shop I wrote off the Colt All American 2000 back when they were introduced. Now I'd like to wring one out and give it a chance.

Wryfox likes this.
  18. Professor Sep 9, 2019

Early 60's I think. They stopped making the first variation about 1975.
    Just got it in the mail. Arrived faster than I expected, just in time for my birthday. Just poured some ATF into the pump tube will let it sit for awhile. What I can see of the pump cup suggests its intact.
    I'll disassemble it later to check out the odd firing mechanism.

First thing I noticed is the weight and balance. It feels like a real rifle while the later plastic versions feel like toys.

19. Waltesefalcon Sep 9, 2019

It's a Smith or a Smith clone, it has an ejector shroud.

Omegafanman and time flies like this.
  20. Professor Sep 9, 2019

Probably a smith but there are some Colt revolvers that have ejector rod shrouds.
    If not for the target sights I'd think it might be a Colt Viper. Most Colt shrouds are long, usually full length of the barrel, but the Viper has a short shroud.

PS
    I partly stripped the Power master down, cleaned and soaked parts I could reach in AFT and its working again.
    Strange firing mechanism.
    When you pump it up a piston at the rear of the air chamber is forced back and it pushes the linear hammer back to the cocked position.

Edited Sep 9, 2019
    Omegafanman and Mtek like this.