Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. snake.doctor May 5, 2019

I just picked up a puppy... I can tell you for sure they always find a way to get your stuff...

Wryfox, voere and noelekal like this.
  2. 10mmauto May 5, 2019

I also owned two 1076's. I never really liked the decock feature. I've also owned a 1006 and a 1086. The 86 was probably my favorite. Currently I have this 1066 -

IMG_0158.JPG

noelekal, voere and Mtek like this.
  3. i20rider May 5, 2019

I do steel chalange. , uspsa with pistol and sometimes they let you run AR here.. That's fun.

noelekal and voere like this.
  4. i20rider May 5, 2019

A little context on how you obtained the photo may help us out a little bit. Was it a screenshot from a video game or a TV show, off a security camera or something of that sort

5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 5, 2019

The 3rd gens are heavy in weight but they are built like tanks. On the heavy side for a carry gun but I do not mind the weight With a good holster and belt the weight is a minor issue.

noelekal and 10mmauto like this.
  6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 5, 2019

Several years ago I was in a gun shop near me. Two feds came in one of them sold his 1076 to the owner of the shop. I mentioned to the owner if you get any more of these keep me in mind.

About two weeks go by About two weeks later the shop owner gave me a call mentioning he has several of the 1076's. The feds must have had the option to purchase their 1076's or turn them in. The shop had a stack of them I purchased two of them. it was probably a quick flip for the agents.

noelekal likes this.
  7. Mtek May 5, 2019

Fellas, just wanted to say if anyone wants to know about Alessi holsters, @10mmauto is your man. He took some time to investigate a question I had and provided pics of various iterations of stampings, history, new ownership and quality alternatives. Great member.

Thanks 10

noelekal and 10mmauto like this.
  8. Omegafanman May 6, 2019

Thanks for the help. They are screen shots from an online newspaper. Its related to some public interest research I was doing.
    A lot of press has been written on the basis of these images which I suspect is fake / manipulated news. I was just interested if it is possible to make an educated guess on the likelihood that this might be a viable firearm based on the images. The pictures are from the UK so the laws (especially related to handguns) are very strict.

9. i20rider May 6, 2019

Got ya. Well it appears to be a fire arm. Not sure what's going on the the ejection side. Maybe the sights have drifted way over, damage, or it's sitting on something. Also. May not be real. Airsoft nowdays will fool you.

Omegafanman likes this.
  10. Omegafanman May 6, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. When (if) I find out more I will post an update. I suspect it might be an airgun / airsoft or maybe a deactivated. It does seem odd there appears to be more furniture on the RHS. It is on a car roof so I doubt anything is underneath. Also as it is recovered evidence from a crime scene I find it odd that it was placed on a car roof (to be photographed by the press) and if it is a viable firearm not made safe. Thanks again for giving it some thought.

11. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? May 6, 2019

Good morning, I am looking for a handgun safe. Low profile, smaller single gun, maybe bio-metric. Any recommendations? I will mount this in a hidden drawer so it needs to be shallow (about 3").

12. snake.doctor May 6, 2019

I never trusted those biometric safes... Either I have my guns in a real robber-proof safe, or they are outside in case I use/need it...

Wryfox, Mtek and i20rider like this.
  13. Professor May 7, 2019

The first image seems to be a autoloader with safety key lock run through the trigger guard.

Omegafanman likes this.
  14. corn18 May 7, 2019

Agree. I have a 4 button single gun safe that works about every 10th time. I have a biometric safe that works every other time. I wouldn't trust either to store a gun I needed fast. But they are fine to keep any prying eyes out (including me sometimes). When we still had kiddos in the house, all the guns were in the gun safe. That was not convenient, but it was safe. Now we just keep the .357 hammerless on the nightstand since it's just the two of us. The rest stay in the safe with 3,000 rounds of ammo.

Mtek likes this.
  15. Omegafanman May 7, 2019

That could cover two points.... not resting flat plus being made safe - thanks for the idea/ new line of thought.

16. Professor May 7, 2019

Here's an idea, if you don't have a gunsafe or lock box. Should work with a 380 at least. Load the mag one short and seat a 9X19mm cartridge in the feed lips. If someone tries to use the gun without permission when they rack the action the 9X19 will jam up the works. May not work well with all brands of .380 but it happened when someone put a 9X19 in my FN1922 magazine by mistake. Got the gun dirt cheap because of that error.
    Hardest part was getting the stove piped 9x19 round out of the magazine, bent the lips a bit in the process, straightened these out later with no difficulty.

BTW Couldn't find a replacement .380 magazine but found out that the .32 ACP magazine is identical in dimensions and .380 ACP rounds feed just fine through the .32 mags. Only difference in these mags is the number of witness holes.
    The semi rimmed .32 has close to the same rim diameter of the .380 rimless case.

Better yet would be a magazine filled with dummy rounds in the pistol with magazine full of live rounds nearby hidden in a book perhaps. Plenty of small places to hide a slim magazine. Need it in a hurry just pop out the dummy round mag and load up on live ones.

Mtek likes this.
  17. Mtek May 7, 2019

The range I frequent has a gun shop. Colt is making the King Cobra again. They had one with a 3” barrel in SS I handled. Nice trigger and finish. I’ve been looking at used K frames on auction sites, but this may be an alternative. I like the fact the cylinder turns the direction of my python, similar release too. Only thing I wish it had the cool case hardened S&W trigger, and of course a lower cost (900 dollar tag). I hope Colt gets serious about wheel guns again.

18. Swissmister May 8, 2019

IMG_2084 - Copy.jpg Watches AND guns? Next I'll learn there are muscle cars and girls jumping on trampolines here, too. New guy here with a photo of a recent acquisition. This Mauser Karabiner K98 was brought home from the ETO after WWII, and it found its way into my hands after decades living with a cousin. Like so many vets who saw action, my Grandfather never said anything about the war, so I did some digging. He was part of one of those units that practiced deception to cause the enemy to move forces to the wrong area. He was tank commander in a tank that had huge speakers that played the sounds of armored units moving from place to place. It was also classified until the 90s. He passed in the early 90s.

The Mauser needed a good cleaning but now looks and fires great. I managed a 4 inch group firing off hand, iron sights, standing at 50 yds the first and only time I took it to the range. (not congratulating myself, emphasizing the accuracy of the rifle) It does push back, but after a few rounds, you lose the feeling in your shoulder, and the rest is fairly painless.

Edited May 8, 2019
  19. Wryfox May 8, 2019

This guy shoots....:thumbsup:

noelekal, Swissmister and Professor like this.
  20. Pontus May 8, 2019

yes

radera.jpg