Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 3, 2019

[​IMG]

Stumped my toe on another addition to the 1911 tribe, but haven't had time to share it here.

Bit of a departure for me. I'm no huge 9mm fan. Spent a magical afternoon though some 15 years ago shooting a Colt Series 70 Government Model 9mm. Had opportunity to acquire it, but despite the delightful time I spent with it I let it go on by. Have regretted it ever since. Finally picked up a near identical one to the pistol I shot that day, same caliber and configuration, same era, same condition as I remember that charming 9mm Government Model.

Got to spend another pleasant afternoon with this one on one occasion so far. Fed Winchester White Box, a dab of JHPs handloaded with a full charge of Unique, and some Remington factory 115 grain JHP ammunition. Ate it all with nary a bobble. Yep, I can do 9mm if it takes the form of something classic.

I'm still first and foremost a .45 fan so won't be totin' this one seriously. This one is a whim and a toy to be taken out of its case for range outings and plinking out at our old place on the lake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waltesefalcon, Wryfox, voere and 4 others like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy May 3, 2019

Cool. I have an Eotech 512 on my ADCOR AR-15, and a SIG Romeo 5 on my SIG 512 AR-15 and Colt M4-LE SBR.

3. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 3, 2019

I don’t have any interest in [or need for] firearms anymore...because I’m deadly [accurate] with my 20 year old Butterfly Kong Linghui blade with 20 year old Butterfly Sriver D13 rubber...see video below. :thumbsup:

voere, Mtek, Omegafanman and 2 others like this.
  4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 4, 2019

Camera is DRT!

I was thinkin' you still had your duty gun from when you were "policing."

I know if I punch "like" on the above than I'm definitely contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Mtek and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 4, 2019

DRT = Dead Right There

I still have my Cincinnati Police duty firearm [S&W 5946 9mm]...but I don’t shoot it anymore...I shoot my Butterfly Kong Linghui.

Thanks for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Waltesefalcon and noelekal like this.
  6. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 4, 2019

You're welcome.

You "deserve" it. I think of you at times when I find myself being so staid and so far removed from my "inner juvenile delinquent" from my youth. I consider WWMDD (what would Mad Dog do). Random acts of zaniness makes life way more fun and counterbalances excessive solemnity.

Smith & Wesson wholly abandoned those third generation automatics like your Model 5946 for wretched plastic pistoles. Your gun's beginning to command respect as being "collectible."

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. Omegafanman May 4, 2019

There is a story to be told here (might be a few months yet) but I am interested if any eagle eyed forum firearms experts can hazard a guess on what this is...…..

Gun1.jpg gun 2.jpg
    Professor and noelekal like this.
  8. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 4, 2019

I cannot get the photographs to enlarge enough to make out the detail. Maybe that is part of the test you've made to us.

Omegafanman likes this.
  9. Omegafanman May 4, 2019

Sorry - yes I know they are poor. Below are the best I can get. It looks a bit odd to me in that there seems to be more furniture on the right hand side of what appears to look like a gun. Assuming it is not handed I thought the slide release would be left hand side. I also wondered could it be an airgun - very hard to tell I know / just interested if anything can be gleaned from these. When / if I know more I can advise what it is....

01.jpg 02.jpg
  10. 5starChad May 4, 2019

Anybody do any kind of shooting competitions?

noelekal likes this.
  11. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 4, 2019

Back in the day I competed in Bowling Pin shooting with my old Springfield Armory Trophy Match .45acp.
    Sad to say only my memories are left as I sold my Trophy Match, a really straight shooter.

Mtek and noelekal like this.
  12. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 4, 2019

I enjoy shooting sports competitions. Currently live a bit too far to participate to the extent that I formerly did. I'm more interested in the accuracy games rather than the combat competitions.

Love high-power rifle shooting best of all. Also love small-bore and handgun bulls-eye competition. Love the target guns of bygone times and have and use a few.

voere likes this.
  13. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 4, 2019

Really?

All my gun buddies tell me its only “positive” is as a “boat anchor”.

I guess I can tell those ass clowns to STFU.

:D

14. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 4, 2019

Oh yeah?

Just tell em plastic fantastic pistols are only good as chewy toys.

[​IMG]

15. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 4, 2019

Ouch

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  16. Mtek May 4, 2019

Custom stippling by Spot

17. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 4, 2019

I have several S&W 3rd gens. My favorite is the 4566 with the de-cocker only feature. At one time I owned two 1076's fbi versions. However my Son liked those more than me. At the time I figured the 10mm was just another cartridge I would have to reload for. So I gave both 1076's to him.

Here's the 4566

4566.jpg
    Mtek, Mad Dog and noelekal like this.
  18. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 4, 2019

I always intended to get one of those 10mm Smith & Wessons, either the 1006 or the 1076. Never got around to it. They look like great ways to do 10mm.

voere likes this.
  19. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since May 4, 2019

Damn, after heavy SIG’s and a Beretta, those “plastic” Glocks feels pretty good. But all are good as long as they go bang every time.
    Let us not call them plastic. Plastic sounds cheap and tawdry. Like implants. Let call them polymer.

Now that they keep getting posted I’m gonna dig out the 1911 from the archives.

Edited May 5, 2019
    Mcvictory, voere, Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  20. 5starChad May 5, 2019

As a Glock owner that's gotta hurt. How in the world do you let your dog get your gun in the first place?

Observer and noelekal like this.