Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. i20rider Mar 15, 2019

Please tell me the MP5s are transferable

2. snake.doctor Mar 15, 2019

Not to your country unfortunately

3. snake.doctor Mar 15, 2019

Yea
    Yeah sure something must exist out there but I never checked since I like original parts. I collect service weapons and I like to keep them with original parts.

The two exceptions are the Geissele trigger on the SCAR H and the BCM PNT triggers on my AR15s

4. i20rider Mar 15, 2019

That's the way it goes .. if I ever win the loto , I'm starting paperwork on an SD. Lol

5. snake.doctor Mar 16, 2019

Yeah t
    Yeah the prices for a transferable class 3 is crazy in the US... Here I paid one of these MP5 like new with collapsible and foldable stock, B&T rail, B&T handguard, red dot, 4 mags and HK mag couplers 1000$ from a police dept....

Same for the PKM, brand new with spare barrel and parts for 2900$...

But with the Europe trying to implement new gun laws this paradise will be over soon if the people don't vote right in Mai....

i20rider likes this.
  6. ras47 Mar 17, 2019

I had to look up "polyvanent." :)

7. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 20, 2019

The M&P is back from the plating shop. This picture does not do the revolver justice. The M&P is coated with oil.. It's all back together with one minor issue way too much cyl. end shake. I'll take care of that and then off to the range. The non diamond grips will be used when I carry the revolver

20190319_171320.jpg 20190322_061522.jpg
  8. Wryfox Mar 21, 2019

voere likes this.
  9. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 21, 2019

Here's one that is not shiny I finally took the time to finish up this 5906 The M&P above is waiting on some shims to arrive the yoke needs to be shimmed along with the cyl. Plus I'm going to need a some new side plate screws the original cyl. yoke screw is doing nothing other than holding on the side plate One old gun shop near my home may have some. One gunsmith near ne may have them but the guy turned into a real A hole.

Last time I stopped in for a part he made a smart a$$ remark we are not here to sell parts we are here to fix guns. I walked out and I will never go back to that gunsmith. Through the years I purchased many guns from that shop and had him do a lot of work on my firearms. Last time I had him do a very minor repair The shop screwed that small job up big time.

The pistol was a Sig220 some of the springs were in backwards and bent out of shape. to make them fit when I came home I figured I better dry fire the heck out of it for a function check in less than 5 or 6 trigger pulls the gun did not function. The trigger bar spring jumped off the trigger bar.

I pulled of a grip panel found the problem I went back to the shop and the gunsmith told me it's no big real. I told him just what I thought of him. And left the shop. The guy even tried to order me a new spring at my cost. I told him to go F himself and the horse he rode in on.

20190321_141428.jpg
    Edited Mar 21, 2019
    KingCrouchy, The Father and noelekal like this.
  10. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 22, 2019

Wow-wee! The nickel M&P turned out quite respectable.

Makes me feel like I'm 14 again when I liked the notion of owning all nickel handguns.

11. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 23, 2019

I enjoy having a few nickel handguns guns. Hard to beat a nicely blued handgun

The M&P came out good. The revolver is a work in progress I had to shim the yoke to frame fit. Now that is fixed. I’m waiting on shims for the cylinder. Maybe the cylinder shims will arrive today. Then I can finish the revolver up. Rather than stretch the yoke it’s much easier to shim.

This M&P is 65 years old. One never knows how many times the yoke may have been stretched. I’m a big fan of these two-inch M&P’s. The non-diamond grips fit my hands better that the original grips. For carry use these are my go-to grips. I can live without the original style grips.

Update
    The cylinder shims arrived and installed. Now the M&P is ready for the range.

20190323_124935.jpg
    Edited Mar 23, 2019
  12. Waltesefalcon Mar 23, 2019

Vote, your M&P came out looking sharp!

voere likes this.
  13. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Mar 23, 2019

Now look what you've done voere.

You've given me M&P envy.

Here's its near kin, likely made within a year or two from it. An old lawman's gun. Not sporting a new nickel finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mtek, voere and The Father like this.
  14. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Mar 23, 2019

I once saw Barnaby Jones shoot a bad guy off a 6 story building with one of those. Did from the hip to boot.

garryap17, Waltesefalcon and voere like this.
  15. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 24, 2019

The M&P is from my underwater collection. The revolver spent several days underwater. The revolver had plenty of rust that need to be removed. Refinishing was the only option. I like to keep my firearms with the original finish. However this M&P left me with no choice refinishing was my option. Now the M&P is now functional.

20190209_041221.jpg
    The Father and noelekal like this.
  16. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 24, 2019

Thanks
    The real credit for this project goes to the plating shop. I took the revolver apart removed the deepest rust pits then gave it to my friend for plating. I did what needed to be done. All in all the M&P came out ok.

Edited Mar 24, 2019
  17. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 24, 2019

Your M&P looks great. Mine was a rust bucket now sporting a new finish and tune up.

The Father, warrydog and noelekal like this.
  18. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Mar 30, 2019

Mtek, ras47, voere and 1 other person like this.
  19. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Mar 31, 2019

The internet is a great source for finding vintage gun parts. Working on the 2” M&P above in this thread. I needed an oversized new yoke strain screw. I had 5 new screws however they were blued and not the oversized screw.

I managed to locate a new yoke screw with a nickel finish The cost for the screw was on the high $$ side for one screw. However the screw worked great no fitting required.

I used one yoke bearing ”shim” that with the new screw. Now no yoke end shake The cylinder required one shim. Now the cyl has about .001 of end shake and a barrel gap to cyl. .007

I’m fine with these results. Under twenty five bucks and the M&P is well within spec. Plus had some shims left over and I installed one yoke bearing on a 66-2 that I have

noelekal likes this.
  20. scv55 Apr 2, 2019

My EDC, G43

[​IMG]

voere, ras47, noelekal and 1 other person like this.