Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. Widows Son Mar 23, 2012

Nice Luger Brother!!! I have a couple of 1916 DWM'S. One is all matching, the other has been reblued and is mismatched. Nice wooden bottom mags too, mine hace the later WWII aluminum mag bottoms.

2. a1watch Mar 25, 2012

thanks, I still haven't taken it to the range, anything special I should look for?

3. mike hoiles Sep 7, 2012

How well does a Speedmaster hold up to heavy shooting? I compete in USPSA/IPSC, IDPA, and 3 gun and put about 70K rounds (Pistol/Carbine/Shotgun) downrange a year. From time to time, I'll practice while wearing my Speedmaster but keep it in the gun safe while shooting a match. I guess that I am paranoid about "Grenading" such a nice watch.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2012

NASA couldn't break it in testing, something about it not having an auto winding system and having that history with space flight gives me confidence in its ability to stand a pounding

5. ulackfocus Sep 7, 2012

Rotors don't spin in 0 gravity. That's why autos were eliminated.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2012

That and auto chronographs were still to be invented when the testing happens ;)

7. HogWldFLTR Sep 8, 2012

When my daughter was in first grade she had a friend killed by his grandfater (who later killed his wife and himself.) I knew the man and he was kind and loving retired military gentleman. He apparently had some sort of drug reaction (he was being medicated for depression). Our perception of guns were significantly altered as the result of that event. My daughter will be forever affected by that death. Each year when we lived in Tucson there were accidental deaths. Gun rights are not to be taken lightly. IMHO, they sure as hell aren't toys or jewery as they are used as in the west.

8. ulackfocus Sep 8, 2012

Yeah, there's that too. :p Touché.

9. Widows Son Sep 19, 2012

Brother, I probably wouldn't shoot it all all. Too old, metal probably brittle and parts are hard to find. PS, my Lodge is sponsoring a sporting clays tournament next month. I'll look sharp missing all the targets with my Browning Citori 325!!!

10. Widows Son Sep 19, 2012

One more thing, when you dissasemble the PO8, there's a trick. Push back on the barrel before you push down on the lever to take off the side plate. It relieves the pressure and makes it much easier, ( prevents a multitude of scratches!!!).

11. Widows Son Sep 19, 2012

I'm sure the watch could take it but why???? When I hold a range or shoot myself, I'll stow my watch, or wear a cheapie quartz. Shell casings can cause nasty scratches on the case or crystal. The most inconsistent gun I have (regarding ejecting empties) is one of my AK's. You never knew where they would end up. 30 feet to the right, behind, 30 feet in front, you just never knew!!! Went to a public outdoor range once. About 30 stalls open. This geek shoes up with a pal and picks a spot immediately to my right. I try to warn him but he doesn't listen. Sure enough he gets pelted with hot brass, and really hard too. He bitches to the RO!!!!!!!!! RO laughes and tells him that he was warned.

12. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Bill, don't shoot yourself! You have plenty to live for!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

BrianMcKay likes this.
  13. Widows Son Sep 19, 2012

I knew right after I hit the reply button, some smartypants was going to say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

14. smithrjd Sep 20, 2012

Ummm, Yes. Steyr, CZ, Sako, Winchester, BSA Martini,Remington, High Standard, S&W and a few more...

OMGRLX likes this.
  15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2012

I thought a BSA was a motorcycle lol

16. smithrjd Sep 20, 2012

They did make motorcycles, however Birmingham Small Arms (BSA) make firearms for a long time before motorcycles. Their logo was a picture of stacked or piled rifles.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  17. imt58 Sep 20, 2012

They are still big in Air Rifles in the UK, both springers and PCP's. A few years ago they had serious quality control issues as they out sourced manufacture abroad. Much improved recently. I had a BSA Lightning XL (Carbine) prior to the out sourcing, nice springer very accurate to 35m -don't forget we're limited to 12 lb/ft in the UK without a firearms license which is very hard to get. Replaced last year with a Weirauch HW100KT PCP. It's amazing to watch a rabbit drop whilst the one next to it looks on in amazement as it heard nothing.

18. ulackfocus Sep 20, 2012

If the guy next to me drops in a pool of blood, my first reaction is to break for cover - not freeze and become the next statistic. :p

19. imt58 Sep 20, 2012

There's no pool of blood caused by a well placed .22cal pellet and presumably possessing mystic qualities means that you have more grey matter than a coney! ;)

20. imt58 Sep 20, 2012

And while I'm at it do you often find yourself in situations where the bloke next to you drops in a pool of blood? Soon run out of friends if you do:D