Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 30, 2020

That is such a yummy honest looking Luger right there! I'm hoping you'll be able to shoot it tomorrow. Let us know how it shoots.

Always wanted to play with the .30 Luger.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 30, 2020

Ok, vintage Colts are always yummy too. You have a trio of beauties there. I like all of them.

A couple of Police Positive Specials in .38 Special live here, one from 1914 and one from 1921. A 1913 vintage .32 Police Positive also is on hand, but it's shabbier than your nice 1910 example. It's very nice to shoot though. The Police Positive Special is a sort of extendo-matic version of the Police Positive except with a lengthened frame to accomodate a cylinder long enough to accept the .38 Special and .32-20 cartridges.

You need one more Colt model though to complete the various sized Colt models, the diminutive Colt Pocket Positive. I need one too. I have the Pocket Positive's predecessor, the Colt New Pocket. It shares the Lilliputian dimensions of the Pocket Positive. The Pocket Positive is in the awkward and now obsolete .32 Long Colt chambering though. The Pocket Positive in .32 New Police (.32 S&W Long), would be easier to feed.

Here's the great and the small of the Colt line up in the first decade of the 20th century. The elegant and stately Colt New Service seen with the exquisitely tiny New Pocket. Only five years separate the manufacturing dates of these two, this New Pocket dating from 1905 and the U. S. Model 1909 military contract New Service dating from 1910. Shown with their respective cartridges .45 Colt and .32 Long Colt, the .22 Long Rifle being shown for comparison.
    [​IMG]

voere likes this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 30, 2020

I only carry at 4 o'clock and won't even attempt appendix carry. I prefer OWB except if I feel I can't get by with it. I don't open carry for I don't wish to be seen carrying.

I don't tote the Colt Single Action Army revolver seriously. Toted one through a day last winter though, just as a lark. Attended a board meeting, went about our small town, and stopped in at my wife's office. Nobody had to know I was toting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was carrying the 1905 manufactured Colt Single Action Army .38-40 in a vintage Brill, the lighter hued of the two holsters seen here.
    [​IMG]

A 3 1/2-inch N-Frame Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum carried on a recent trip into the Dallas Fort Worth area for the day.
    [​IMG]

My old favorite Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel .38 Special with its OWB carry choice, a Bucheimer Federal Man holster which carries the side arm high on the belt.
    [​IMG]

Older photographs of the personal perennial favorite of favorite side arm in its Bell Charter Oak Mae West IWB hoslter.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If feeling in an "automatic-ish mood" this Colt Government Model .45 generally gets the call in this older Bucheimer Federal Man holster for OWB use.
    [​IMG]

A superior holster for concealed carry, this probably 70-85 year old Brill is the best of the best for 1911 OWB use at 4:00, but it's too collectible to subject to regular service. I've got a order in with a custom holster maker to make one like it for serious use.
    [​IMG]

When IWB carry is deemed expedient, this is one of two holsters used with the Colt Government Models. It's a custom made holster that is quite comfortable.
    [​IMG]

The gun belt is more important than anything else in being able to carry and conceal a handgun well. The right one will allow one to carry any ol' ordnance in perfect comfort.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 64Wing Oct 30, 2020

Great write-up! Might I remark upon the excellent photos you've supplied? I envy having that Brill holster.

I'd love to carry a 1911 more regularly but find that my Sig just fits the bill a bit nicer for now.

I also noticed you wear a suit coat at least some of the time. I haven't in years other than weddings & funerals... Where I won't carry. So I end up with a light sweater or hoodie or such to cover up. But when I'm working on a job site, there's really no way I'd have something on me. Just too cumbersome and unnecessary. The drive to/from, however....

noelekal likes this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 30, 2020

I added photos because we know posts are crap without them.

noelekal likes this.
  6. Waltesefalcon Oct 30, 2020

The New Pocket and Pocket Positives completely slipped my mind. Thanks for reminding me.

That New Service is gorgeous.

7. Waltesefalcon Oct 30, 2020

Much like @noelekal I prefer to carry in a owb on my strong side under a jacket. My go to holster is a Roy's pancake, I find that a govt. model 1911 carries easily and even a 4" Python disappears when in a Roy's. I'm the summer time I will often wear an under shirt and a tee shirt one size too big and then either carry my Detective Special or my New Agent under the tee shirt. Neither one really imprints and they are easy enough to access.

noelekal likes this.
  8. SeaJay Oct 30, 2020

Yes one of my collection 2020-10-30 18.30.37.jpg

9. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 30, 2020

10. SeaJay Oct 30, 2020

My bad boy lol

11. Waltesefalcon Oct 30, 2020

Illegal in the USA. I want one.

12. SeaJay Oct 30, 2020

8.5 barrel 5 round mag all good in Canada

The Father likes this.
  13. SeaJay Oct 30, 2020

Take light and red dot to zing it up

14. SeaJay Oct 30, 2020

Set at 30ft just incase I meet a bad ass bear

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  15. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 30, 2020

I thought Canadians are all about common sense. 8.5” barreled new production shotgun non-semi auto is legal. But take an existing pump action shotgun and alter it to 8.5” barrel and go to jail, straight to jail, do not pass go.
    Looks fun though.

Zapatta and Waltesefalcon like this.
  16. SeaJay Oct 30, 2020

Yup, here in Quebec all non restricted firearms have to be registered, even air rifles that are over 500fps for restricted guns like my 45ACP they have to be registered with the RCMP and strict rules apply.

noelekal likes this.
  17. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Oct 30, 2020

I'm sure I posted these in here before, but here's a group shot of the center fire lever-action tribe here.

[​IMG]
    Top to bottom:
    Winchester Model 1873 in .38-40 mfg'd 1900
    Winchester Model 1886 in .45-90 mfg'd 1887
    Winchester Model 1892 in .32-20 mfg'd 1896
    Winchester Model 94 in .32 Winchester Special mfg'd 1941
    Winchester Model 1895 in .405 WCF mfg'd 1904
    Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage mfg'd 1955

[​IMG]
    Marlin Model 39A in .22 Long Rifle mfg'd 1953

Wryfox, efauser, 64Wing and 2 others like this.
  18. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Oct 30, 2020

Holsters
    I prefer to carry IWB or if I can OWB it all depends on how deep I want or need to conceal the firearms. If you guys are anything like me. It took awhile to figure out which holster types work best for my needs. Along with a good belt holster is a must have item. These days I prefer smaller hand guns for carry I would prefer to carry a 1911 or Browning Hi Power all the time however that is not always practical as long as the firearms is from a good maker I have faith in and I am proficient with the gun I am good to go

noelekal likes this.
  19. Professor Oct 30, 2020

One revolver I often regret not buying was a Colt Police Positive Special in .32-20. They can't have made many of those.
    The example I ran across at a local gun shop, and very reasonably priced, was in near perfect condition, 100% original finish and unworn grips, but a huge gaping pit right in the middle of the otherwise pristine bore.
    I've often wondered what caused that pit.

PS
    My I frame S&W has a similar lone pit near the muzzle, but I can see that it is directly under the front sight. I suspect that in the process of forming the sight the barrel steel was somehow compromised.
    I've learned that such pits, or even worse pitting the length of the bore, have little or no effect on accuracy of revolvers firing medium low velocity bullets. They just make cleaning more of a chore by encouraging leading.

Edited Oct 30, 2020
    noelekal likes this.
  20. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Oct 30, 2020

My first real hunting rifle that I purchased is a winchester model 94 from 1942 I was 14 years old I purchased the rifle for $20 bucks the rifle was new A family friend owned a bar in northern MI that my family members and I would stop in on our way to our family cabin. The woman purchased the M94 for her son he never returned home from WWII
    The winchester sat in the bar on a mounted deer head with a nice rack that was used as a rifle rack. When we stopped in that bar on our way to our yearly deer hunting trip/ I was looking at that rifle Millie was her name she asked me if I liked that rifle.

I told her I was saving my money to purchase one. She asked me how much I have saved. I told her 45 bucks. She said that rifle been sitting on that rack for decades then replied it's yours for 20 bucks then she said you will need the other 25 for have for ammo to become a good hunter. I still cherish that rifle. Her only condition was I could never sell it. I kept my promise.

Edited Oct 31, 2020