Forums Latest Members
  1. pmkarcher May 6, 2021

Hi all,

I have recently acquired an Omega 101.009 (Cal 320, 35mm, snap caseback) and absolutely love it! I am writing to ask if anybody attempted to place a display caseback on such a piece. I read a lot on this forum about screwed casebacks being replaced by sapphire casebacks but did not find anything for snap casebacks.

PS: I know that placing a display caseback on a vintage watch might raises some eyebrows:)!

Thank you! Patrick

2. Andrew C May 6, 2021

I absolutely loathe display casebacks - I just think they make watches look cheap to me. Definitely a personal opinion.

But no - I want the all original case it came in on mine.

Plus there’s plenty of nice watches where the movements are boring. Like take practically any Rolex...

3. sirtaifun May 7, 2021

I`ve read once somewhere that on some vintage watches snap casebacks were replaced with acrylic crystals by the manufacturer of that time that are normally made for the dial side of the watch.
    Maybe this could be a solution for you.

4. pmkarcher May 11, 2021

Thanks all for your inputs! I will post here if I found something! Patrick

Bing813 likes this.
  5. Bing813 Feb 28, 2024

Looking to find a snap case back for my Lemania chronograph as well. It’s such a beautiful movement to hide behind steel. Hope someone has found something in the last few years :whistling: