Signs you’re still new(ish) to watches

Posts
1,008
Likes
5,857
After reinstalling a bracelet.

🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽
Edited:
 
Posts
13,523
Likes
23,463
I’ve been collecting watches almost 15 years and I left the flip lock on the wrong side of the clasp a month or so ago!

I also wore a watch to work not too long ago and it was lunchtime before I realised the two half’s of the strap I’d put on didn’t match!
 
Posts
15,951
Likes
47,911
Ran into a guy recently, who asked me to “fix” his broken Seiko automatic. The calendar wasn’t changing! I won’t ask if you can guess what his problem was.
 
Posts
18,762
Likes
38,965
Ran into a guy recently, who asked me to “fix” his broken Seiko automatic. The calendar wasn’t changing! I won’t ask if you can guess what his problem was.
Was changing while he ate lunch?
 
Posts
91
Likes
136
Earlier this year I bought my first GMT and I took it back to the dealer complaining that it wasn't working correctly. The GMT hand wasn't keeping up with the hour hand. They had to politely and gently explain to me that the GMT hand rotated on a 24hr basis not 12hr. I was under the impression that if I set the GMT hand to a certain time zone it would move respective to and equally with the hour hand. I own some pretty nice watches and I've been collecting off and on since the '80s but I'd never owned a GMT. They were cool about it but I was pretty embarrassed.
 
Posts
1,008
Likes
5,857
Earlier this year I bought my first GMT and I took it back to the dealer complaining that it wasn't working correctly. The GMT hand wasn't keeping up with the hour hand. They had to politely and gently explain to me that the GMT hand rotated on a 24hr basis not 12hr. I was under the impression that if I set the GMT hand to a certain time zone it would move respective to and equally with the hour hand. I own some pretty nice watches and I've been collecting off and on since the '80s but I'd never owned a GMT. They were cool about it but I was pretty embarrassed.

Whenever I want a GMT hand set to the same time as the hour hand it always takes me a minute to figure it out when each hand is pointing at a different number.
 
Posts
1,008
Likes
5,857
I also wore a watch to work not too long ago and it was lunchtime before I realised the two half’s of the strap I’d put on didn’t match!

For a second I pictured two buckle ends on both sides of the watch then realized you wouldn’t have made it far putting the watch on.
 
Posts
6,441
Likes
31,664
two half’s of the strap I’d put on didn’t match!
2 different socks I can imagine, don't tell me your strap drawer looks like this::stirthepot:::
 
Posts
9,259
Likes
77,159
2 different socks I can imagine, don't tell me your strap drawer looks like this::stirthepot:::

Apart from the colours of your socks, that looks exactly like my watch drawer 😯
 
Posts
558
Likes
3,978
Was changing while he ate lunch?
Does the answer have anything to do with time travel? Parallel universes? Butterfly effect?
 
Posts
4,350
Likes
12,840
Does the answer have anything to do with time travel? Parallel universes? Butterfly effect?
@JimInOz 's supposition is that the guy's watch was set twelve hours off, so the date was changing at noon instead of midnight.
 
Posts
7,067
Likes
13,040
You enter an Omega boutique thinking the people there know about the Apollo missions, the 105.003-63 or at least which "Moonwalkers" are still alive... 😳
 
Posts
16,900
Likes
48,108
@JimInOz 's supposition is that the guy's watch was set twelve hours off, so the date was changing at noon instead of midnight.
[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the thread years ago where the newbie stayed up to midnight each night (and getting run down) because he’s watch wasn’t changing on exactly midnight.
 
Posts
1,504
Likes
2,434
Finding “projects” and thinking “this will just take a bit of TLC and will become a steal” ::facepalm1::
 
Posts
9,259
Likes
77,159
Does my watch look too small on my wrist?

Yes, absolutely but not to worry - I have skinny wrists and will be happy to wear it on your behalf 👌