Show us your stone dials

Fellow OF members.

I am really glad to share with you this amazing set of Universal Genève watches that I recently acquired.
Each watch comes with a solid gold case, either manufactured by Max Fuchs or Weber & Cie, two master casemakers based in Geneva. They also come with the "Fat U" crown logo as well as signed leather straps and golden pin buckles.

Now let's talk about the show stopping element here, the semi precious stone dials are vivid and warm, worthy of a Wes Anderson movie! I have to say that in person, they appear more alive. Will leave the pictures continue the narration! :)

Malachite dial.

UNIVERSAL GENEVA FRONTAL_02 Kopie.jpg UNIVERSAL GANZE UHR_02.jpg

Bloodstone dials

UNIVERSAL GENEVA FRONTAL_01 Kopie.jpg UNIVERSAL GANZE UHR_01 Kopie.jpg UNIVERSAL GENEVA FRONTAL_03 Kopie.jpg UNIVERSAL GANZE UHR_03.jpg

I believe this one is Red Jasper, but not entirely sure.

UNIVERSAL GENEVA FRONTAL_06.jpg UNIVERSAL GANZE UHR_06.jpg

This Obsidian dial has a very beautiful brown hue which is almost transluscent and hard to capture on camera.

UNIVERSAL GENEVA FRONTAL_05 Kopie.jpg UNIVERSAL GANZE UHR_05 Kopie.jpg IMG_20230324_122534.jpg

Onyx dial.

UNIVERSAL GENEVA FRONTAL_04 Kopie.jpg UNIVERSAL GANZE UHR_04.jpg

Any stone dial fans out here? Would love to see some Piaget, Cartier; Rolex and even Omega like this one! :)

Best regards from Switzerland.

Stefan.

Like 17
Absolutely Gorgeous! I have never seen a stone dial on a Soviet watch. I assume the case was solid gold as well?

Gorgeous! I would love a watch with a malachite dial but only the recent Formex was in my budget but I was dumb and didn’t buy one.

Like 1
Hello!
There is no gold Raketa from the models with stone dials. No luxury watches were worn. They are available with green and white stone. The Raketa 2209's 23-stone movement is very thin and is set in quite different patterns than typical watches of the period. It had weak points and was not produced for long. It is certainly the thinnest case in Soviet watches, and I think it was also the thinnest in general during this period.

Like 1
Hello!
There is no gold Raketa from the models with stone dials. No luxury watches were worn. They are available with green and white stone. The Raketa 2209's 23-stone movement is very thin and is set in quite different patterns than typical watches of the period. It had weak points and was not produced for long. It is certainly the thinnest case in Soviet watches, and I think it was also the thinnest in general during this period.