Show us your 321!

Posts
79
Likes
19
Here are some pics of my EW 321 hard at work in the cockpit of the 737. I wonder how much effect the electrical equipment has on mechanical watches, particularly pre Si14 “antimagnetic” models such as this 321.

What is this calendar thing on the side of your watch?
 
Posts
7,775
Likes
14,368
What is this calendar thing on the side of your watch?
Oh, young one, those were quite common back in the 60's, before calendar watches were a common thing. They were often given away as promotional items, they were attached to the strap/bracelet by four tabs that were bent to hold it on.
 
Posts
125
Likes
1,551
Oh, young one, those were quite common back in the 60's, before calendar watches were a common thing. They were often given away as promotional items, they were attached to the strap/bracelet by four tabs that were bent to hold it on.
That’s right. They were also commonly used by the astronauts on their Speedmasters as well.
 
Posts
353
Likes
519
Where do you get them from?
I have one and as soon as you install it, the bracelet becomes unbearable. The bent tabs scratch the skin when the watch head moves over your hand... Not practical at all IMO
 
Posts
125
Likes
1,551
I’ve never had an issue with any of them. And I use them on a lot of different watch bands. It’s like they are not even there.
 
Posts
7,775
Likes
14,368
There would be no way I would whack one of these on a nice OEM steel bracelet, like a 321, and scratch it up, but to each their own.
 
Posts
1,245
Likes
7,371
There would be no way I would whack one of these on a nice OEM steel bracelet, like a 321, and scratch it up, but to each their own.

I like them as well, no problems at all …

 
Posts
230
Likes
342
For now I only bought the dial but it will become a new project. 😀😀😀