Show us your 321!

Posts
54
Likes
112
The snoopy is magnificent, but from a pure watchmaking perspective, 321 is king in the Omega catalog.
I agree. As far as Omega watches, the Speedmaster is at the top the hill (the Seamaster, Constellation and DeVille follow in that order). And at the very pinnacle of that hill is the Ed White 321 (both the old and new). Don't get me wrong, I have a Silver Snoopy and I love it and its casebook complication (the earth rotates according to the seconds hand and the Snoopy module works in accordance with the chronograph hand). But, in my opinion, the new Ed White 321 edges out the Silver Snoopy. The Silver Snoopy with the updated 3861 movement is the next generation in the evolution of the original calibre 321.
Edited:
 
Posts
86
Likes
68
The 321 movement might be the prettiest one, at least to me. It would need a clear case back, just so I could stare at it.
 
Posts
2,608
Likes
7,262
The 321 movement might be the prettiest one, at least to me. It would need a clear case back, just so I could stare at it.

They are available and work well.
 
Posts
536
Likes
3,759
I agree. As far as Omega watches, the Speedmaster is at the top the hill (the Seamaster, Constellation and DeVille follow in that order). And at the very pinnacle of that hill is the Ed White 321 (both the old and new). Don't get me wrong, I have a Silver Snoopy and I love it and its casebook complication (the earth rotates according to the seconds hand and the Snoopy module works in accordance with the chronograph hand). But, in my opinion, the new Ed White 321 edges out the Silver Snoopy. The Silver Snoopy with the updated 3861 movement is the next generation in the evolution of the original calibre 321.
Your hilltop and mine differ somewhat. Speedmaster is the top, generally, but the 105.003 is certainly not the pinnacle...top of the top. That spot would belong to the 2915-1, then -2, -3, followed by every iteration of the 2998....then maybe the 105.003.
 
Posts
536
Likes
3,759
I'd still put the 105.002 ahead of .003 simply because of the bright tension ring, which I think adds a good bit to the appearance of the watches fitted with one.

No cartoon dog watches make the real list. And I love Snoopy...and the gang...just not on my watches.
 
Posts
101
Likes
128
Here are some pics of my EW 321 hard at work in the cockpit of the 737. I wonder how much effect the electrical equipment has on mechanical watches, particularly pre Si14 “antimagnetic” models such as this 321.

Very cool pictures! Did you manage to find out how the magnetic effects play out on 321 EW, pls could you share your experience? Your work environment looks like an ideal place to test, thanks.
 
Posts
125
Likes
1,551
Very cool pictures! Did you manage to find out how the magnetic effects play out on 321 EW, pls could you share your experience? Your work environment looks like an ideal place to test, thanks.
Actually not too long after those pic were taken we went to Biel to the Omega Factory for vacation. I brought my 321 and during the tour they tested my watch for magnetism, and it was definitely magnetized. They demagnetized it for me.

So if I bring it to work I demagnetize it when I get home, just in case. I do that to all my watches now. Even the new calibers. While the balance and hair-spring won’t magnetize, the rest of the watch can. The new METAS movements aren’t affected by magnetism but they will still over time get magnetized.
 
Posts
101
Likes
128
Actually not too long after those pic were taken we went to Biel to the Omega Factory for vacation. I brought my 321 and during the tour they tested my watch for magnetism, and it was definitely magnetized. They demagnetized it for me.

So if I bring it to work I demagnetize it when I get home, just in case. I do that to all my watches now. Even the new calibers. While the balance and hair-spring won’t magnetize, the rest of the watch can. The new METAS movements aren’t affected by magnetism but they will still over time get magnetized.
I see. Thanks for sharing. I am aware demagnetizing can be done at home with a machine which is not very expensive. Pretty cool work environment you have for speeemasters!
 
Posts
125
Likes
1,551
I see. Thanks for sharing. I am aware demagnetizing can be done at home with a machine which is not very expensive. Pretty cool work environment you have for speeemasters!
Thank you. I love what I do, and I love taking my Speedies to work with me haha. It’s basically all I own. I do have a Breitling Cosmonaut Artimis II that I bought after the mission. Couldn’t pass the opportunity.

Anyways, I bought my demagnetizer in Amazon. Pretty cheap. Easy to operate.
 
Posts
101
Likes
128
Thank you. I love what I do, and I love taking my Speedies to work with me haha. It’s basically all I own. I do have a Breitling Cosmonaut Artimis II that I bought after the mission. Couldn’t pass the opportunity.

Anyways, I bought my demagnetizer in Amazon. Pretty cheap. Easy to operate.
Thanks - my offce is also computer heavy, but nothing comparable to where you spend time for work. I have 3 speedmasters and love the lineage.
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
Double dog 321 and 321B for PDX time and ATL time during transcon office duty today…

LATE ENTRY: No EVAs planned…that would be a poop show.

Edited:
 
Posts
6,702
Likes
79,917
I have to admit I if I owned one I might wear it upside down to show off the back.
Sometimes I do that with my recently acquired Cernan/White 321B…great conversation stater with the meatheads at the gym who wanna kick sand in my face…pictured below is my 321B on its presentation box polyamide NATO…
 
Posts
101
Likes
128
Sometimes I do that with my recently acquired Cernan/White 321B…great conversation stater with the meatheads at the gym who wanna kick sand in my face…pictured below is my 321B on its presentation box polyamide NATO…
This is cool!!! Something I would do soon haha