Show me your oldest Omega wristwatch please.

Hi
Yes it certainly is an incredible find The case measures 36 mm excluding the Crown. I have got an extract from the Omega archives for the watch. They are all very early examples and historically important.
Cheers Russell.

A number in the region that you quote would date about 1901. And since the first Omega wristwatch (according to AJTT) dated 1900 (not counting converted pocket watches), you're probably about right! It would be an unusual find....

Here is the picture of the movement as per above picture of the Gun Metal wrist watch for the most earliest Omega wrist watch I have come across. Cheers Russell.

Hamish, you have a spectacular watch!
When you visit a Collector's forum, you get these weird opinions that have nothing to do with beauty or wearability or history, only a comparison to the day it left the factory.
View your watches history as part of it's story, part of what makes it yours!
Who has gazed at this the same as you?
What was their story?
That is what watch collecting is about.

That was a genuine thank you 😀. I deliberately didn’t want the message to sound disappointed, because I’m not! I love the watch and bought it because It looks great and love the fact that something can be built during the War and still telling the time today. Thank you for taking the time show an interest. All the best.

My only, hence oldest, Omega.

OMEGA 7.jpg

It is currently away for some much needed tlc, but should be on my wrist in about two weeks. It was presented to the original owner in 1959.
My watchmaker is going to let me have all of the numbers. All I know at present is that it is a cal 267.

Steve.

My grandpa's watch from around 1915. No info on reference. Not in working condition. 🙁

Movement looks older than the case, is the first digit a 4?
How can that be?
Any shot of inside caseback?

1940's 33.3

15625437_1162392373877623_3898334079895994368_n.jpg

Movement looks older than the case, is the first digit a 4?
How can that be?
Any shot of inside caseback?
Yes the first digit is 4. I have sent these pics to omega's customer service and they came back with the year. At the OB service center they wasnt able to find any reference number.

Yes the first digit is 4. I have sent these pics to omega's customer service and they came back with the year. At the OB service center they wasnt able to find any reference number.
Obviously the caliber is much older than the case. I doubt the case is Omega. Dial is repainted.

Obviously the caliber is much older than the case. I doubt the case is Omega. Dial is repainted.
Ok. It could be. But based on what you came to this conclusion?

Ok. It could be. But based on what you came to this conclusion?
Soory for the bad news.
Well, the case is a late 1940's model, inconsistent with the caliber early serial number. You can also see that a spacer ring has been inserted in the case so that the smaller caliber would fit in. Is the case signed by OMega inside? If yes, the serial number engraved Inside should ive you the case production year.
The logo and name on the dial don't have the right size shape and fonts compared to what Omega produced. It would be interesting to see if the feet have been cut and the dial glued on the caliber.

Soory for the bad news.
Well, the case is a late 1940's model, inconsistent with the caliber early serial number. You can also see that a spacer ring has been inserted in the case so that the smaller caliber would fit in. Is the case signed by OMega inside? If yes, the serial number engraved Inside should ive you the case production year.
The logo and name on the dial don't have the right size shape and fonts compared to what Omega produced. It would be interesting to see if the feet have been cut and the dial glued on the caliber.
First of all thank you for your time to take a look and explain the potential case to me.I really appreciate it. I do not think it is a bad news, as I do not have any background info about the watch. Unfortunately my grandpa passed away when I was 1 y.o. so I was not able to ask him about the watch and unfortunately my father has also no info about it.
So I already know more and what you say could be a reasonable explanation. I will try to find a good watchmaker and try to disassemble the timepiece so we could know more.
I am certain of one thing, I never looked to this timepiece as it could have some financial value, for me it has sentimental value which is priceless as once it was on my late grandpa's wrist.

my oldest Omega is not so old,but i think 1944 is ok for posting it.
Nice and great aging. Its a 321? Been looking for one myself for ages...
The one at the bottom is my personal favourite...38mm rose gold from late 40s...
Top 2 was redialed before I can save them from the seller....lucky me got the Rose before any damage done to it...
296f7b11-3b73-4070-8db1-6733bbeaebb3.jpg