Forums Latest Members

Shopmyexchange (AAFES) sale this past weekend!

1. biggie Feb 13, 2020

So Sunday, shopmyexchange (online military store) had a 20% off of the 3 types of Omegas they were carrying. On top of the 20%, I was able to garner an additional 10% statement credit if I signed back up for the Star card. So I did it. I bought 2 watches. Counting all applicable discounts:

210.30.42.20.03.001 is the first. A slick Seamaster blue on blue. No tax, cost out the door 3k.
    311.30.42.30.01.005 is the second. A beautiful classic looking moon watch. Again, no tax, cost out the door 3.3k.

Super excited for this duo to arrive. Frustrated with the storefront that is still "processing" 4 days later.

Was anyone esle able to take advantage of the sale?

noelekal, ckhaing, Fish70 and 4 others like this.
  2. Radiozoop Feb 14, 2020

I have taken advantage of a similar sale previously. I highly encourage anyone with the ability to shop on the Exchange to take advantage of this benefit.

You can get a brand new watch from an AD for second-hand prices. What do you have to lose?

eldiano84 and biggie like this.
  3. ericjasman Feb 14, 2020

I'm guessing you have to have some sort of military background to buy from the exchange?

eldiano84 likes this.
  4. USDKH123 Feb 15, 2020

Wow. Great deal on the Moonwatch. Congrats.

5. jsducote Feb 15, 2020

:mad: AAAUUGGGHH!!! I keep hearing about these sales AFTER they happen. :mad:
    Do you log in every weekend or is there some other way to find out about sales?

6. biggie Feb 17, 2020

Yes, either through current service, retired, and now they've opened it up to service connected vets registered with the VA.

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. biggie Feb 17, 2020

My buddy is still serving as a recruiter and he is OCD where watches are concerned, so he probably looks daily. He called me up on the Sunday it went live so that's how I knew :) He bought the gray dial SM, had his wife sign up for the star card to get that exra 10%. Living in CA, the no sales tax is a big bonus, and the fact they are an AD makes it even better.

I'm guessing you could probably ask they jewelry department if you're close by, or call them to ask about upcoming the 1 or 2 day sales. I guess the next one will be a ways off since they just had this one.

8. Nihon_Ni Feb 17, 2020

That's awesome! I had no idea AAFES sold Omega. I just checked and it says the Moonwatch is sold out.

eldiano84 likes this.
  9. biggie Feb 17, 2020

If you are looking to purchase, keep checking in on whatever it is you are interested in. I've watched the watches go from sold out to available multiple times. In some cases they ship direct if they have it in stock, in other cases it comes directly from Omega. I believe this is separate from individual stores located on posts, bases, etc... I have much to learn on the inner workings and processes of how they function. Even in my early stages I am confident they would benefit hiring me as a consultant to improve their flow of business from customer order to shipped product. Like all things military, YMMV.

10. jsducote Feb 17, 2020

The last sale was about 6 months ago, if my mental-OF-search function is correct.

biggie likes this.
  11. KeithS Feb 17, 2020

12. Wryfox Feb 17, 2020

Edited Feb 17, 2020
    biggie likes this.
  13. KeithS Feb 17, 2020

Must be a “military grade” Moonwatch (joking, obviously)

14. biggie Feb 17, 2020

Wise guys. Apparently, they put my order on "hold". Due to the higher than normal bag of skittles cost someone spends when placing an order, they wanted to re-verify my order. I asked, why is it nobody called or notified me I was on hold? Oh yes, sir they sent an email. No, they did not. I've been watching my email all week and nothing was sent. Sir, you may have gotten ahead of the system. What? I'm faster than a computer???

Long story short I'm being told that my order will be fulfilled this week, and that despite their website showing out of stock it is not out of stock because they are shipping from the vender. Say again? Why bother with an available or sold out feature? Is this a sales tactic? Sir, I'm not sure.

Long story short, AAFES will not burn you they will just make you mad, which in truth is better than the military but still keeps that military flavor to it. Formation. Stand down. Formation. Stand down. We're moving. Stand down. LOL. Same ole chit!

noelekal, eldiano84 and BenBagbag like this.
  15. jsducote Feb 17, 2020

Sold out, no availability. Won't let me add to cart. :(
    Maybe I can have my dad (the actual military veteran) call them.

Taddyangle likes this.
  16. biggie Feb 17, 2020

Immediately after my phone call I changed from processing (where I've been all week), to order sent to fulfillment. I will share a picture of my two new Omegas when they arrive! Quartz chronograph and all. LOL. Gotta love the military wal-mart selling luxury watches as an AD.

17. Wryfox Feb 17, 2020

Might be because I ordered 183 of them an hour ago.....:rolleyes:

kkt, Mad Dog and SeeMaster like this.
  18. alam Feb 17, 2020

Not this time but twice in the past, the first one came with a ridiculous discount, the second time was even better... :)

19. SeeMaster Feb 17, 2020

Your welcome for the heads up. Good job on letting God and country knowing about this sell lol. I was able to pick up a long awaited Seamaster 300 SMP gray dial last week. About $3300 out the door with a 10% statement credit coming back. I don’t know if I could have done better. AAFES now currently showing sold out. I wonder if any one was able to get any Omegas today? The Oris diver looks nice but I think I will pass.

20. jsducote Feb 17, 2020

SWARM.JPG

nzshadow, Mad Dog and Wryfox like this.