Forums Latest Members
  1. vesnyder Aug 20, 2020

I shattered my crystal on my Omega Speedmaster Triple Date this week and dropped off to my local jeweler yesterday. I know I was probably a bit hasty but I could not stand to look at it any more. She shared it would be $300-500 (she had no clue). She said they would be sending it out to Omega for an estimate. What do you expect the cost to be, and is there a better alternative to have it repaired?

Thanks!

IMG_1273.jpg

2. Dan S Aug 20, 2020

I'm sure Omega will do a good job replacing the crystal if that's how you want to proceed. I don't know if they will do piecemeal repairs, however, and if they insist on a full service, which I believe is $750 for a mechanical chronograph. If it is due for a full service, maybe that's the best approach anyway. However, if you have had it serviced recently, then you probably don't want to pay for another one. Let us know what Omega says.

3. gbesq Aug 20, 2020

$750 USD for a chronograph service. My guess is that Omega will charge for the replacement crystal in addition to the service charge. Not sure how much the crystal is for this watch, but I'm sure that Archer knows. .

4. Canuck Aug 20, 2020

Chances are there will be tiny glass particles that have migrated to places where they could be problems. My guess is you are in for the full meal deal since it is going to Omega.

Dan S and 89-0 like this.
  5. janice&fred Aug 20, 2020

Yep unfortunately a full service when the crystal isn't plastic.

6. time flies Aug 20, 2020

I suspect little bits and pieces will be everywhere. A movement service may be advisable if not a given. But it's not what I do.

Have fun
    kfw

7. gbesq Aug 20, 2020

Which is why having to polish hesalite crystals occasionally with polywatch is not such a bad thing.

Martin_J_N and janice&fred like this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 20, 2020

Full service will be required for sure. Crystal will be extra - couple hundred for that typically.