Service center reshaped the lugs

I don't know about the reshaping of the lugs...

What I do know is that the scratches on the back of the lugs are unacceptable.

And even if your AD didn't take pictures, I would be very surprised if the NJ Service Centre didn't take pictures upon receiving the watch from your AD.

I think you definitely have a case to complain about.
I hope the service center did take pictures and Omega customer service is able to provide that. I'll ask them when I get a response.

Yep, see it, really squared off. Those that don't are just being obnoxious, pretentious and provoking argument. Follow up with Omega until you get answers and solutions.

Yep, see it, really squared off. Those that don't are just being obnoxious, pretentious and provoking argument. Follow up with Omega until you get answers and solutions.

LMAO yea I was confused when I caught up on this thread, as those lugs are clearly not normal, regardless of when and how it happened.

Updates.

I contacted the service center directly with the details and the timeline of the incident. They told me to ship it back for inspection, so I shipped it to their closest location in California per their guidance. 2 days ago I received an update saying my watch is waiting for parts and the estimated date to complete the service is mid-April. There was no service detail included but the worksheet has part numbers for the watch case. I followed up with the customer service representative and they told me:
...the case middle of your watch case was defected which is the reason as to why your watch is in need of a case replacement.
I guess this is the most I can get from them. The good thing is they told me the case is sent to HQ (Biel?) to be serialized and it'll have the same serial number. Now patiently waiting begins.

Updates.

I contacted the service center directly with the details and the timeline of the incident. They told me to ship it back for inspection, so I shipped it to their closest location in California per their guidance. 2 days ago I received an update saying my watch is waiting for parts and the estimated date to complete the service is mid-April. There was no service detail included but the worksheet has part numbers for the watch case. I followed up with the customer service representative and they told me:

I guess this is the most I can get from them. The good thing is they told me the case is sent to HQ (Biel?) to be serialized and it'll have the same serial number. Now patiently waiting begins.

Well it seems the least likely option is what happened after all...........some lunatic at the service center ruined your case.

That sucks you have to wait all this time for an almost brand new watch, that you sent in to have some dust removed, and now the case is ruined.

But at least they are taking care of it. I guess that's the best you can hope for at this point.

Well it seems the least likely option is what happened after all...........some lunatic at the service center ruined your case.

That sucks you have to wait all this time for an almost brand new watch, that you sent in to have some dust removed, and now the case is ruined.

But at least they are taking care of it. I guess that's the best you can hope for at this point.
Yeah, it sucks but I'm not mad at the outcome. The customer service is good. However, I'll probably never use the service center again.

Please update this thread with the new case and lugs once received so we can do a true side by side once and for all.

⬆️ This ⬆️

I’ve never seen an AD accept a watch for service without photographing from every angle. Great point. @fasthall is that an option?

I've had my Omega watches fully serviced a few times and not once did the Boutique take a single photo. Even their written reports lack are practical detail, all cursory stuff. I always take them after reading various reports on watch forums.

Yeah, it sucks but I'm not mad at the outcome. The customer service is good. However, I'll probably never use the service center again.

Good attitude to have. While annoying, it's hardly the end of the world like some make it out to be.

I've had my share of issues with the Omega UK service center but they've always made it right in the end. To be honest, sometimes they go a bit above just making it right so part of me hopes they screw it up 😁. I got free upgrade to the Cal 1666C on my Omega X-33 Gen2 (had the original, non-thermocompensated movement prior) because of sloppy service center work which made the delay worth it.

Really glad you’re finally getting some positive results about this obvious lug fault, that would have seriously bothered me as well - regardless of where and how it happened. I’m also fairly new to posting on this platform and very sorry to see there are some real ‘choice’ individuals here who happily made you out to be the crazy one ( and have since gone dead quiet btw). Hope the wait isn’t too long and looking forward to pictures of your new case.