Forums Latest Members
  1. GlennBirtwistle Dec 7, 2019

Hi Guys, I bought my first Omega this week and I love it although I wish I'd bought it on a bracelet and not the rubber strap. However I have a question about the lume on the hands and dots. Basically it's very dim if at all legible unless I shine my phone torch at it for a few minutes. And even then it totally fades away again in a few minutes. Am I doing something wrong or expecting too much?
    Thanks
    Glenn

2. COYI Dec 7, 2019

Please post a photo of the 'Semester'. Is it new or secondhand?

3. GlennBirtwistle Dec 7, 2019

Apologies for the typo. It's a brand New Seamaster.

1575718902121397098752.jpg
  4. COYI Dec 7, 2019

I don't own this model but I believe the lume should be very effective. First think you need to do is charge the lume properly. To fully charge the lume you need to expose it to bright daylight (only needs to be for a fairly short period). If you do this the lume will fade gradually but should still be visible in a dark room after several hours.

If you want to charge it at night you should buy a UV (blacklight) torch. This is more effective than a normal torch.

5. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Dec 7, 2019

I own the same model, and can read the time after 7 plus hours in a dark room i.e. right through the night.

GlennBirtwistle likes this.
  6. GlennBirtwistle Dec 7, 2019

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm looking at my watch in the dark now and it is completely dark. No lume at all. I haven't been out in the daylight much today but it's December, dark and miserable weather in the UK. Maybe I'm not "charging" the lume enough? Maybe I'll speak to Omega?