Forums Latest Members
  1. S.H. Jan 12, 2020

Hello!

I caught three bugs this year already, two left me a little sick, the third is the Seiko SNJ025. For those who don't speak fluent Seiko, it is a recreation/modern upgrade of the model worn by Schwarzenegger in the 80s: a big thingy, analog/digital, so ugly imho it is ... interesting.

I've tried it at the nearest boutique, still on the fence. The strap is very comfy but as usual very long to be worn over a suit (swimming suit, I'm not Agnelli) so it add too much bulk, I'll probably bring a normal lenght strap to try it on.

This would be a week end watch, no fuss, to be used while doing a little sports. My only quartz in fact, I don't like throwaway batteries and the solar appeals to me (I know that there are batteries in there, hopefully they have a much longer lifespan than standard button cells).

I've seen a member or two here enjoying it (@Togri v. 2.0 , ...). Can I ask your feedback after a few weeks or months? Did the novelty factor wore off, or does it still feel like a usable watch? Size? (I have a 19cm/7.25 wrist, about average)

Picture:

montre-homme-prospex-solaire-hybride-silicone-noir.jpg.png

2. time flies Jan 12, 2020

It was a little too much watch for me. Got this instead. It's Seiko and it's solar. Came on a rubber strap and I put it on this. It has a time and place and for that its great.

20180201_102213.jpg 20180122_142407.jpg
    omegaswisst likes this.
  3. Yak1 Jan 12, 2020

The og and reissue are both awesome. I sorta want a vintage one. But I’m not sure if it would really get worked into the rotation so I’ve stayed away.

4. S.H. Jan 12, 2020

Interesting! Not sure about the bezel though, it is a bit convoluted for me.

5. Tubber Jan 12, 2020

The massive crowns on the re-issue put me off.

6. ericjasman Jan 12, 2020

Agreed. That is one massive crown.