Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Pro 300m diver rubber strap replacements

1. Grunka-lunka Oct 27, 2020

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum and Omega as a watch brand, and wanted to quiz the wisdom of anyone prepared to help about replacement straps for the SMP 300m diver 210.32.42.20.01.001.

I am sure that Omega sell them, and I hopefully won’t need one for a good while yet, but are there any decent versions made by other manufacturers that people have experience of? The part number is CVZ010126.

Anyway, any information on alternative vendors would be appreciated!

C118C407-E2A5-4C87-8F16-8BAA88CB0F71.jpeg
    Edited Oct 27, 2020
  2. GulDan Oct 27, 2020

Grunka-lunka likes this.
  3. Jonathan40 Oct 27, 2020

The Zealande straps are great quality and look high end but just beware that they taper in thickness from the case to buckle and are quite thin at the ends. As I said super quality but not sure if the original you show does that.
    Only omega rubber I’ve owned are diver straps that are the same thickness from end to end and so have no experience with what you show on the Seamaster.

Edited Oct 27, 2020
    Grunka-lunka likes this.
  4. scapa Oct 27, 2020

I have the Omega OEM on mine now, but I’ve also tried straps from Zealande, IsoFrane, Toxic and Tropic.

I prefer the OEM, but the Zealande is also well-made. The ISO and older Tropic don’t fit as seamlessly and the Toxic is great value for money but lacks the curved ends. I also have come to appreciate the extra comfort and security afforded by the materials quality, reinforced keeper and extra hooked keeper on the OEM strap. It’s expensive but beautifully-made with it. Mine stays on.

5. Grunka-lunka Oct 27, 2020

Thanks!

I was looking for something to use so as not to damage the original (something that seems to have happened in the past!).

It would appear that, whilst expensive, a bit more money could get you a replacement original.

6. PRW Oct 28, 2020

Just enjoy wearing it on the original.
    Why save it for the next guy.
    Don't live in a world of what ifs, wear it, enjoy it and IF it ever does fail, think of the money you've saved not trying to find the perfect after market strap and just buy a new original.
    Chill and enjoy.

nzshadow likes this.
  7. dstfno Oct 28, 2020

The taper isn't all that aggressive (from 20mm to 18mm). I wouldn't call the ends thin.

8. UCZ_15 Oct 28, 2020

I've got a brand new Zealande that I wore for all of 12 hours. I had to return my SM300 because it was too big and I couldn't get comfortable with it. Really sad as I loved it.

Edited Oct 29, 2020