Seamaster Heritage clasp failure (2nd gen)

Hey all... heard of this happening with SMPs but never with Heritage clasps- this morning when I went to put my watch back on I couldn't get the clasp open at all. the locking mechanism appeared to be slightly out of place, and on further inspection a screw was missing from the side of the clasp. One of the side buttons seemed to be "stuck" in the in position and the other felt really "squishy."

20231105_123616.jpg

No idea when this happened, but the two pieces don't line up now that the screw is gone and I think this is causing the clasp to jam up. This watch hasn't been dropped or struck or anything like that.

the clasp finally popped open on its own after I'd shifted it around for several minutes and now will not close. both buttons seem to be permanently depressed and unable to pop back out (AGAIN- no force was applied). Comparing it directly to my 1st gen heritage clasp, the buttons depress and spring back to an outwards position regardless of whether or not the clasp is open or closed. I'm guessing that there is some sort of an internal spring that became unseated somehow now that the screw is missing?

Anyway, has anyone else had this happen to a heritage model clasp? Is this the same sort of failure that happens with other Omega clasps?

UPDATE: just got off the phone with the OB in Bellevue and they promptly ordered the correct parts. Should get them in in about a week- The associate I talked to offered this as a solution immediately without asking me to send the watch in to Omega for service.

Love this OB.

I had this happen twice with the SMP—this is the first I’ve heard of it with the newer heritage models. It’s disappointing, but hopefully just an anomaly.

Good that your OB is handling it responsibly without inconveniencing you. My AD offered a free Omega strap after my second clasp failed. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again to you, but if it does I think that’s fair compensation, especially if you do end up having to send the clasp in for service.

I had to get the clasp replaced on my SM300 Trilogy a month ago. Similar issue.

How irritating! Have Omega forgoten to Locktite the screws? Are the modern clasps more complicated than my 2254 clasp?

Whats your back up watch?

How irritating! Have Omega forgoten to Locktite the screws? Are the modern clasps more complicated than my 2254 clasp?

Whats your back up watch?

I wore my other heritage, but it wasn't this, so I switched to an old Citizen that my wife gave me. That didn't feel right either so:

20231106_004635.jpg

Update: drove up to Seattle / Bellevue today- the replacement part arrived Wednesday morning. While they replaced the clasp, I talked to Chris about Speedies. Like everyone else at Bellevue, he was awesome. I learned that my older (6yo) son's favorite Speedy is the DSOTM- that's the one he would pick given the choice of anything I the case. My 3yo couldn't decide if he liked a Blue constellation or a very blingy Deville more!

Took like 10 minutes, then we spent the afternoon at the Seattle aquarium.

Super quick considering the clasp broke this past Sunday...