Seamaster diver caliber 8800 accuracy issues

I had an issue with my omega seamaster cal 8800 and was hoping people here could shed some light for me since they’re more knowledgeable on the topic.

I attached a copy of omega boutique’s timegrapher results from yesterday. Appears to be averaging -1.7 sec. I got the watch August 2020 and it performed well until May of this year, when it started suddenly losing time (-4 to -5 sec/day. Before May and under the same usage conditions, it was gaining 0.5 to 1 sec/day, resting dial up overnight. I had no drops, sudden shocks or any other damaging events that preceded the sudden accuracy change. I took it to omega last week after a month of seeing that the loss was consistent. Yesterday they called and told me the tech said to send it away for a full service after putting it on the timegrapher.

Is there any information people can glean from the timegrapher results? Any insight as to what could possibly cause a sudden swing in accuracy without any drop or impact? I will add it started performing this way in May during a trip to Cancun when I used the watch in water for first time. Crown was always screwed down and I never noticed any sign of water intrusion. Took it through airport security and I know watch is antimagnetic up to 15000 gauss. Didn’t think either of these things should have any effect.

Omega employee told me he didn’t know what the timegrapher results meant and I never spoke to the tech. I’d appreciate any knowledge people here could share.

I’m actually in the same situation as you. My PO Deep Black 39.5mm with the 8800 is at the service center right now for a full service.

I purchased the piece in September 2020 and went to Cancun in June 2021. Didn’t go through the x-ray machine, just the magnetometer (thanks PreCheck).

Watch was running spot on +1 until last month when it started losing time. I can’t afford to lose time with my watches so I had it sent away. I can’t wait to have it back since that was my beater.

Funnily enough, I brought my Seamaster 300s with me on the trip (both 8912s) and those two are running fine.

Here are my results — I actually forgot what the tech told me but I’m sure there are members here that can interpret the numbers well.

B7C17620-E358-4100-9987-D24012729372.jpeg

It seems odd that in both watches two of the vertical positions (9H and 6H for the second one, 3H and 12H for the first one) have significantly lower amplitude. Or maybe that's normal for this movement; no idea.
Edited:

It seems odd that in both watches two of the vertical positions (9H and 6H for the second one, 3H and 12H for the first one) have significantly lower amplitude. Or maybe that's normal for this movement; no idea.
Your guess is as good as mine and now, I’m very curious.

My 8800 was working fine for over 3 years and then started losing time. Currently in for an ‘in warranty service’, will let you know if it fixes it.

Hey there Hiker
Please can you advise how you managed to have your watches checked in for an "in warranty service" and is that service free of charge?
Does the have to be a special reason for an in warranty service?

I went to Mayors yesterday and the sales guy spotted my watch and advised me to sent my watch to Omega for an in warranty service and he said there was no charge... I was a bit confused, I thought warranty only covered faults, not servicing or wear & tear. He also advised that even if warranty expired by a few weeks on a month they let it go.
What was your experience?
Thanks
Edited:

Hi Charlie.

Similar to your experience. The boutique tested it and confirmed it was losing time. They initially sent it in for regulation, the service centre after further inspection said a service would be required to get it working according to specs, and as it was under warranty there would be no charge for it.

Hi Charlie.

Similar to your experience. The boutique tested it and confirmed it was losing time. They initially sent it in for regulation, the service centre after further inspection said a service would be required to get it working according to specs, and as it was under warranty there would be no charge for it.

Except of course there is nothing wrong with my watch.
Mine is not a master chronometer, I have a 3330 which is gaining +4.4 spd which is within spec (-4 /+6).
The sales guy said he previous worked for Omega and suggested an in warranty service was free of charge and I should do it even if there is no faults. This sounds weird to me...

Your 8800 has a pass criteria of either 0/+5 seconds, 0/+6 seconds, or 0/+7 seconds per day. So, should not loose any time, meaning yours is out of spec. Whereas mine is within spec, so I don't understand how my watch could qualify for an in warranty service, know what I mean?

Just wondering if an in warranty service is free of charge when a piece is running within spec, which is my case.