Forums Latest Members

Seiko Sarb017 Accuracy Issues

1. Sidrox25 Feb 4, 2018

So I just purchased a Seiko Sarb017 off the forum from a very reputable seller. As soon as I got it I checked it accuracy. It was running around +40/s a day which seems way too fast. So I thought maybe it was magnetized during transit. I talked to the seller and he said it was running under +15/s when he got it. Watch is practically new as well. He is a very nice guy and offered to take it back or give me a partial refund.

So before we do anything I decided to run it over my demagnetizer. I just check it today and its at 48 hours and its running -50/s per day now! I'm confused, has anyone had any experience with this before? Not sure what could be wrong with it at this point.

I'm thinking of letting it wind down completely and then demagnetizing it again.

[​IMG]

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 4, 2018

Find local Seiko shop and have them regulate it.

apm1 likes this.
  3. apm1 Feb 4, 2018

No other alternative...

4. Sidrox25 Feb 4, 2018

Do you guys know how much that costs roughly?

5. R3D9 Feb 4, 2018

Are you wearing it while testing this accuracy? My experience with Seiko movements is that they run much more accurately on a full wind.

What I mean by this is that the variance is higher at the start of the day if I’m putting it on after a few days with a quick shake to get it started.

My SARB033 exhibits this behaviour. If fully wound, it runs +/- 3-5 seconds per day, but if it hasn’t been fully wound it’ll be out 5 seconds after the first few hours.

6. Sidrox25 Feb 4, 2018

I think something is definitely up with it. I reset the time to 0 via an atomic clock. Its only an hour and its already running -2 seconds on a full charge. For a 6r15 movement that is way too off right?

7. heccsat Feb 4, 2018

Just take it for a regulation. Don't worry about things like this. It will be much better.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. R3D9 Feb 4, 2018

See the link for Seiko’s official specs...

https://www.seikowatches.com/support/ib/pdf/SEIKO_6R15_0405.pdf

-15 seconds per day is the limit they’ve outlined, so if the watch is on a full-wind, it appears to be out of spec based upon your measurements, although not horribly so.

Like everyone is suggesting, take it in for a regulation and I’m sure you’ll be good to go.

9. adi4 Feb 4, 2018

I’d check to make sure it’s at full wind and on the wrist first and foremost. Also make sure if you are using a demagnetizer that you’re doing it properly.

10. Msugarman Nov 19, 2019

Hi Sidrox, 1st time poster on this forum. Just received a SARB 033 from Japan & im experiencing something similar. Wondering what the outcome for you was? Did regulation help?